Wednesday 14 March 2018

Windmill

Despite a busy week I have managed to build and finish off one of my purchases from the Dumfries show. With a view to the Germans moving inland across Kent as part of my Operation Sealion campaign I needed a couple of extra terrain pieces which are typical of Kent. First up a windmill. A simple MDF model although I have added quite a bit of detail and a different base.
There were several types of Mill across Kent, this being the simplest of the two, although rarer  as these are I think we’re slightly earlier in style. A few of these still exist so they were definately around in 1940. Next up a Malthouse 🙂

17 comments:

  1. That's a fine looking structure Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, perfect for Kent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks certainly a few of these around Kent the other style is much larger and two windmills might be too much even for me 🙂

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Are miniatures able to stand on the stairs? That’d be extra cool points if so. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i’ll Try it out tonight and post 🙂

      Delete
  4. Very nice model there Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanks David ....the wonders of MDF and cardboard🙂

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Very simple model with a bit of added cardboard 🙂

      Delete