Sunday 15 March 2020

9th Foot : American War Independence

This week I have been busy getting this next regiment finished. Some of the figures had been part painted but to match them in i have almost completely re done them. I needed to botch one of the standard pole tops and purists will note they have a replacement officer, perhaps promoted from another regiment ? But happy with the overall regiment, again Perry plastics. I have purchased some standards which are better. These are again a 24 man unit but the plan is to mix them up with slightly smaller 20 man Regiments.
 The 9th Foot
I also finished this guy for the Russian Civil War we will have some special rules for commissars when we finally get back to gaming.

That’s it for this week although I have some other stuff nearly finished 🙂 hope everybody is keeping well and safe.

18 comments:

  1. Those of lovely Matt.
    Looking forward to seeing them on the table.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart........I fear it might be some time before they get to the battlefield but I have the makings of the first brigade, and with some potentially more time isolated at home you never know.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Matt...
    I really like the British uniforms from the American War of Independence...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly they are are more colourful than you think. And variety as I have a unit with plumes and slouch type hats to do sometime soon

      Delete
  3. Thanks mate hope everything ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking AWI unit,can't see anything wrong with the officer and I love the commisar!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain....he shouldn’t really be in blue, but I’m not worrying

      Delete
  5. Very nice Matt, but plastic, oh dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, the Perry sculpts are pretty good,I do like the fact that scale wise they match their metal ranges really well. They also match the Perry Foundry figures as well. I do have a number of metal units to paint....👍

      Delete
  6. Your 9th looks superb! Nice basing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yip, work having a melt down but otherwise good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep well and a safe too!
    Nice job on the AWI regiment. Looks really cool. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew....another unit out of the mountain!

      Delete