Wednesday 9 December 2020

AWI : British Light Infantry

 Clearly in need of reinforcements I have been painting up some more light infantry for the British to use as skirmishers. They didn’t quite make it for the last battle but are ready to go now.

Wargames Foundry figures (David I think these were the ones you gave me ages ago so thank you and hopefully nice to see them ready for battle) I do have another 8 or so to paint which I picked up, so I can make into a full unit for larger battles. I have discovered I hate painting the shoulder boards on AWI figures !!! ! They will see combat fairly soon !
Also managed to get out for a couple of cycles at the weekend, pretty cold around here with the snow from the previous week nearly gone. But I did take this fairly dramatic cloud shot looking towards the Pennines. The water in the fields shows it has been raining quite a bit recently.

Keep well and keep painting

 👍

13 comments:

  1. Are these the fellows you had on your workbench on Sunday? If so, that is fast work. Beautiful light infantry and stunning landscape. You are lucky to still be able to cycle outdoors. Here it is too cold (for me) and the roads are icy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you appear to be painting at my pace. top work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking reinforcements Matt - hope they bring the Crown forces some success in the next game! I prefer painting AWI Brits to their Napoleonic descendants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely looking unit Matt and nice poses too. Luckily gaming in 10mm I don't have to worry about details such as shoulder boards, but some probably do.

    A love the 'photo from your bike ride and we've had some nice skies here of late, but mainly it's been cold and wet, so not conducive to getting out on the bike:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made a grand job of those figures Matt! The picture from your recent cycle trip is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Brits! Lovely landscape shot!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff, a few extra yep we have all been there... They will most definitely come in handy. Strange the bits of figures that can be come rather annoying. For me water bottles don't ask me why, worse that the reins on horses :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely photos for us there Matt!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the job you did on the light infantry. They have a really detailed uniform. 😀

    ReplyDelete