Friday 2 December 2022

Celtic light Cavalry plus a bargain

Hot on the heels from Battleground last weekend I wanted to crack on with the Celtic cavalry I picked up.

They didn’t need a lot of work, some were taken off their bases other I kept them as they were but have then attached them all to larger bases then matched the bases to my other units. The figures have had some very minor paint work, highlighting etc. but otherwise they are good to go for me. I was slightly worried about the size but actually they match quite well with other figures I have.

Second up the bargain from a charity shop yesterday, I found a lovely copy of A Bridge too Far , I did already have a copy but this as a First edition and has a significant number of extra photographs and nice coloured maps at the start. That does mean I have a spare copy if anybody would like it ?

That’s it for now all being well more games this weekend 😀

Matt



14 comments:

  1. Another fine batch of Celtic horsemen. Nice find on 1st Ed. ABTF. What is on your gaming slate this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A grand find brought up a treat👍 That is a very good charity shop find too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bargain. I have a significant number of British paras and support if you want to fight Arnhem (or some of it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Celts have come up nicely Matt and the book is a nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Celts have come up a treat Matt and good to know they fit in well with your other figures. I don't remember the hardback version of the book, but I avidly read the paperback one whilst on holiday on the Isle of Wight, much to my parents chagrin! His other books are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the Celts. I remember that first edition cover fondly and wish I had purchased it back when it first came out. I have a more recent paperback version and have yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Celts are a grand addition and look just super! The book is a good find, but I can trump that with two finds in Hay today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work on the cavalry Matt and a nice book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cavalry have come out nicely Matt…
    It’s always worth while having a dig round the local charity shops… I’ve picked up some nice books in the past.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great turn around Matt, always good to turn metal to table in such a quick time.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Celts! And a bargain find too 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Celtic cavalry are a fine addition to your force

    ReplyDelete