Thursday 30 May 2024

What happened to May ?

Just spotted I was in danger of not posting anything for a whole month ! So what has happened to May ? First a splendid week and a bit in sunny Naples, so much history not even sure where to start, don’t worry I’m not going to download all my holiday day by day. Then a busy week and a bit shifting furniture from one end of the country to the other settling my son into his new house in London and a flying visit to Partizan. And then I have been struck down again with a nasty chest infection, my health has definitely been under par for a while now but the Doctor doesn’t seem to have found a cause or solution I’m hoping things will improve ?

Anyway all this coughing means I have only just got back to painting, lots of stuff is nearly complete but not ready to share yet.

A couple of squads of Imperial Guard, these were old figures I have had for ages but never got painted
The colour scheme to match the other Tallarn as shown above. I now have some command figures to clean up a prep, then the army is pretty much completed for now ? 
I also picked up a command vehicle a Taurox from eBay for a reasonable price so I have painted this to match everything else.

So on to Naples pretty much everyday was filled with history and fuelled by seafood and local wine ! The history spans Greek occupation of the area, of course massive Roman influence then the 16/17 and 18th Century. Whilst some history from WW2 this is quite hard to find on the ground. So first up some Greek stuff, mainly from the many museums we visited.
A great collection of Greek helmets
Greek frescoes 
More Greek armour
And many splendid Greek vases here fighting the dreaded Persians !

Next up some more painting and some Roman history.

Thanks as always Matt πŸ€’


26 comments:

  1. History, culture, gaming, May turned out ok then. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe all would be good if I could just shake off the current illness πŸ‘

      Delete
  2. You have had a very prolific May on all fronts Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil at least I’m able to get on with some painting now πŸ‘ Naples was a real treat πŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. Wondered what became of you. Good to see you are recovering and had a very enjoyable visit to Naples. Super looking additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanging on in there. Naples was wonderful, some more painting on the wayπŸ‘

      Delete
  4. I thought you'd been quiet and now I know why. Fingers crossed they find out what's going on on the chest front. Nice work on those Tallarn chaps once again and the Naples trip looks rather nice:). Fingers crossed the weather is set fair for the next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve I am due another call with the Dr tomorrow, Naples was a real treat πŸ‘

      Delete
  5. Great looking Imperial Guard figures, and great pics of some awesome historical artifacts. Love the old Corinthian style helmet, as well as that fresco/painting of Samnite/Oscan warriors. Oh, and hope your chest cold/respriratory issues get better sooon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean plenty more photos from Naples to come lots of Roman history next πŸ‘

      Delete
  6. Your Imperial Guard unit is very nice, great work on them. Hope you health starts to improve and I am looking forward to more of your Naples trip, good start with the Greek section, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, these GW figures are full of detail so easy to paint. Lots more Naples to come in future posts πŸ™‚

      Delete
  7. Good to see you a partizan. Glad you arecon the mend. Talk about naples next time we meet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A super show even if it was a brief visit. Slowly getting better but a bit frustrating, lots of history in Naples πŸ‘

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your latest bout of ill health Matt, I hope things improve and I can think of worse places than Naples to convalesce. We have two children selling and moving houses so know how much running around is involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, luckily the bug hit me after Naples so the holiday wasn’t spoiled…my next job might be to teach my son to decorate !

      Delete
  9. Great looking miniatures and thanks for ancient Greece stuff photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal some more Italian history to come πŸ‘

      Delete
  10. You have been a busy chap! Sorry to hear you have health issues. I prescribe copious amounts of painting and gaming, never fails! Note I have avoided the Space Fairies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David sadly I’ve had to cancel some gaming but I am at least able to get some painting done πŸ‘

      Delete
  11. A busy month alright - but sounds enjoyable , hope your in the mend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those Imperial guard are nicelydone Matt. Sounds like you've had a busy month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil I guess if you can call being on holiday busy ?

      Delete
  13. Sorry to read about the return of your health issues Matt, hopefully it's just a blip on the radar and you get back to normal soon. Great images form your visit to Naples, I for one won't mind if you download HEAPS of holiday shots - mind, you, I could be said to have an ulterior motive for favouring hundreds of holiday images....... Ahem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith hopefully I can get some stability in my health soon. As for the holiday photos I’ll spread them out over the next few posts πŸ‘

      Delete