Sunday 12 February 2017

A mixed bag of weekend activity !

Couldn't really think what to list this as ? a busy weekend but with some hobby thrown in as well. First up I did my bit to encourage the next generation of gamers. A friend from work brought his son Tom over for a game as a keen LOTR fan it was an ideal opportunity to introduce him with a game of my 'Find the Halfling' Game. This does seem to be ideal and works well with all ages, he managed to rescue three hobbits but Aragorn gave his life protecting Frodo.....Sam was carried away to Isengard !
I only took a single photo near the end where Lurtz having killed Aragorn faces off with Gimli, Frodo can be seen running in the distance for the boats !
Second up I had a trip into town for a couple of bits and found these in a charity shop. I am a fairly long way off playing modern games, but am always on the look out for good terrain. Getting the scale right is always the challenge. But found these for a couple of quid (altogether) the two trucks are plastic but will paint up fine and are probably 1:50 scale.
The caravan is an expensive Siku 1: 55 diecast for 50p, don't know why but it just makes me think of ZOMBIES !
Finally I have been working through the list of to do jobs for Dumfries and I needed some more fencing to go around an Airfield, wooden bases from B&Q, modellers matchsticks and flower arrangers wire off eBay. I really wanted to do barbed wire along the top but couldn't get it to work easily with the wire I have, if I find a better way it might get added later but the fence works fine as is.....
............of course this would be ideal to keep zombies out as well TTFN 😀

10 comments:

  1. Busy weekend. Good finds and the fencing looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice...and these fences are simple and effective vs zombies, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil.......let's hope the z's cant get through the gaps 🙂

      Delete
  3. Charity Shops, an endless resource for the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to keep looking and eventually good stuff turns up🙂

      Delete
  4. Lucky boy to be introduced to wargames in the dungeon! No doubt he's hooked now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spoke to his dad who said he was excited all the way home and keen to swop his train set for a gaming table !

      Delete
  5. The vehicles look just dandy, and a most productive weekend indeed, beats spending half hour in a queue for coffee.

    ReplyDelete