Thursday 21 September 2017

Cannot resist a bargain : Crescent and Cross

Been working in Birmingham for a couple of days and popped into Allen's bookshop. I always pop in  as they often sell off odd bits of stock. I am a sucker for a bargain and annoyingly they were selling off some Saga Muslim forces. It worked out at £25 for the five packets shown which retail at £62. As I have been working on my Moors I just couldn't say no ๐Ÿ˜€
A nice collection of Saracen warriors, levy, moorish black guard fanatic cavalry and naffatun a nice addition to my forces ๐Ÿ˜€

18 comments:

  1. I cannot pass up a bargain either! These figures will make great additions to your Reconquista project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everybody likes GB but it think their figures are great ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  2. It would have been rude not to have bought them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I am very polite when it comes to wargaming figures ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  3. I can't see anything annoying about getting a bargain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always most satisfying when one bags a bargain, wether one needs them/it or not :~)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain. It's hard to say no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Gb figures although not everybody's favourite. So at less than half price no wasn't really an option....๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  6. So lovely to hear they are still going! Used to work in the city center, before moving to France, and would usually be in Ian Allen's at lunchtime spending money I didn't have on things I didn't need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they still seem to be doing ok I do like to support them if I can๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  7. About the right price for Gripping Beast figures in my book, but, a bargain is a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why do I never find bargains!!?? Not fair!

    ReplyDelete