Sunday 17 September 2017

Ships of the desert : Crescent and Cross

Very slow progress this week, family stuff, tidying up from the big game last week and busy at work....but managed to finish these camel riders off (except for some grass tufts which I'll add later)
When I originally got them out of the packet I was disappointed that the camels seemed very small, but having checked through masses of pictures on the net I am not so sure now. First camels vary in size secondly when watching Lawrence of Arabia for inspiration the war camels are not as big as I remember, having ridden one a long time ago in Africa. I have added a rope so the rider can control the camel. Out of interest the camels changed colour a couple of times when I realised I had started with them being far too dark. Finally getting close to a full moorish faction at last ๐Ÿ˜€

17 comments:

  1. Very nice, one can never have enough camels, just ask Dave B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil I think I might try and get a couple more to make them into a unit ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
    2. Indeed, if it's not white it's a camel!
      Nice effort there but you do need more, I'd say about a dozen more just to be sure!

      Delete
    3. Thanks David .....a dozen more !๐Ÿ˜ฑ

      Delete
  2. Top camelry. You can never have too many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers...yes I might just pick up a couple more๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
  3. Well done with these beautiful camels, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More fancy brushwork! If you want LARGE camels, give BTD a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ....they have chosen these camels for speed and agility.......I might see if BTD dont have a sale sometime soon ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  5. Nice work on these camels, the more the merrier!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.....sounds like I need a few more ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  6. Great looking camelry, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean ๐Ÿ˜€ From the encouragement I'm getting the sense I need a few more !

      Delete
  7. Great looking camelry, Matt.

    ReplyDelete