Saturday 16 December 2017

Somewhere in the Scottish Borders 1947 : Konflikt 47

When Warlord brought out their Konflikt 47 system it was an obvious expansion to their vast WW2 bringing in a twist of sci-fi. I didn’t rush out to buy any stuff but one of my mates hasn’t been painting up a German force (this is of course what I would prefer to be collecting) so I cobbled together a British force. Now there are some really neat stuff in the “game system” for the Germans, Russians and Americans but it is obvious the designers ran out of enthusiasm for the British. But I had a Churchill tank waiting to be completed and stole some suitable walkers from my Tau army.

When I put the terrain together I didn’t really have any idea but it quickly developed into a secret British weapons establishment. Who knows what terrible experiments are taking place. Who knows how the Germans have invaded .....that is for another story.

The Germans have arrived heavily armoured a Panzer IV
They have also brought a large horde of Russian zombies with them after all you wouldn’t want
To fight along side your own dead buddies would you........let’s hope they can be kept under control.
The Brits as well as normal troops have three state of the art Guardian light walkers, these are effectively
Mobile armoured Heavy Machine guns ! Nice πŸ‘ and some Armoured infantry
Also new to the battlefield is a German Antitank Walker
The British have approached the crossroads.
One of the Guardian walkers has advanced to capture the central objective (fuel dump)
...bout then he gets over excited and charges forward into the horde of zombies
Who manage to set him on fire πŸ”₯ that’ll teach him
The armoured British infantry advance slowly in formation towards the objective
 (we had thinned the number down a bit as they seemed too powerful)
The Panzer IV has circled around the flank, the two big tank spent the entire battle
Trading shots without even a scratch. I didn’t get a picture of it but the German walker
Rolled a fubar and scuttled off the battlefield πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Germans infantry has made it to the objective now but the Heavily armoured Brits are pushing
forward to get them out the way.....hopefully
They have done it ! Hoorah the smoke you can see is from all three of the British guardian walkers 
Who have been knocked out of the game, shortly after the zombies were also wiped out 😱
A successful mission can be radioed back to British command the Germans have been pushed back, reaserch on the new 
weapons can continue ! Over and out ........

A fun game and I think we might well see a few more games in the future, rather than a large on going campaign I think I see these as one off battles taking place at different locations all over the world. Perhaps the North African desert next time ? We hadn’t costed the points very carefully and discovered the British were probably a bit ‘overweight’ mainly because of the Churchill tank. Definately some scope for the future....but I really want to collect Germans ☹️

18 comments:

  1. A huge dollop of fun on nicely set table - enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm ....after all it is meant to be fun πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. A fine spread of Christmas madness, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil and in my book it isn’t even Christmas yet. Not till the decorations go up this afternoon πŸŽ…πŸ½

      Delete
  3. Fun looking game, I can see the lure of bolting on something unusual to a bolt action army , I think I'd fancy something more occult (vampires, werewolves and zombies ) but it certainly looks like conflict 47 gives a good game.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an obvious extension Iain and for K47 you can have all the things you wish for πŸŽ…πŸ½

      Delete
  4. Well Matt, it beats gnomes and Fairies, just.... A fine looking game though and a super AAR. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜€ only just...... but it is nice to mix things up .

      Delete
  5. Outstanding photography and models, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the wonders of a modern iPhone ! I credit should be given to John my playing partner for the majority of the Germans πŸ˜€

      Delete
  6. Looked like fun Matt.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nice diversion with no long term implications ....other than I want to make up my german zombies now πŸ˜€

      Delete
  7. Looks like great fun! I've managed to resist so far - luckily there are no players locally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret I see to occasionally buy something to add to that WW2 army then suddenly you can play both. The Churchill was for another project I will certainly pick up a couple of other bits sometime πŸ˜€

      Delete
  8. cool, I have some stuff for this, one for the back burner

    ReplyDelete