Friday 9 February 2018

Albanich 2018 the preparation begins

We are putting on another game this year at Albanich 2018. A small and friendly show held in Dumfries on Saturday 10th March. Joining up with Steve we are putting on a Barbarossa game with plenty of iconic Russian and German forces on the battlefield. I have pretty much worked up the scenario and now have a list of things I need to finish off for the game. What that means is I have a bit of motivation to get some stuff done.

First up then.....the second part of my German transport.
Two Opel Blitz
As usual I have kept them simple for gaming and storage, they are Rubicon models easy to put together when I realised I wasn’t using enough glue ! And very easy to paint.


11 comments:

  1. A nice couple of kits there Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James easy to put together 🙂

      Delete
  2. Nice trucks, I have heard stories of the Rubicon stuff being difficult to glue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something about the plastic , it is slightly harder and doesn’t melt as much so I thought I had fixed them and th back fell apart !

      Delete
  3. Top stuff. Not working that show - Jim and Stu have those duties - so if you two need a hand and I can be a help guarding the table while you take a break or go for lunch, let me know and I'll see about getting a lift on the van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer Roy we have three of us playing on the day so no formal support needed but it is normally not a bad show😀

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. I hope you all have a good day with the game - if I do come over, after hitching a ride, I'll pop over to say hello.

      Delete
  4. It's, it's an Opel Blitz! Nice work on these and good timing on the rubicorn advice I've got a T34 of their's to build, tons of glue then!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.....yes plenty of glue I had expected it to ‘melt’ but the plastic is harder than I expected. Oddly this didn’t effect the 251’s so it may just be my poor technique 😢

      Delete