Monday 18 June 2018

What a Tanker : Phoenix Lakeland Wargame Exhibition

Seem to have been really busy recently and not had time to blog (I have about four games to catch up on) in the meantime though the Phoenix Lakeland Wargame Exhibition, my very local show is rapidly approaching next weekend. This is the third show and I wanted to take something different as a participation game. So this year I will be presenting a game of What A Tanker by TOOFATLADIES.
The game seems ideal as a demo game as it only requires two players and takes between 30 and 40 minutes (most of the time). You don’t need any prior knowledge to play the game πŸ˜€

My current plan is to play this in 15 mm as this enables me to play the game with anything between one and potentially six players. With a classic match up between Sherman Mk 4’s and Panzer IV’s somewhere in Northern France. Below are a few shots of our test games at the weekend.
Game uses a simple command roll and orders sheet
The game being played with two tanks per side dice marking the initiative
I have slightly modified the command sheet to make it easier to use

The show is small and friendly and located close (5 minutes) to Junction 40 on the M6 motorway at the Rheged Visitor Centre. If you fancy a game or just a chat come along and say hello πŸ˜€

19 comments:

  1. I am not sure if I will make it this year but if I do I am definitely up for a game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might see you there if your plans change πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. Sorry to miss this but Phil will carry our flag this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only a small show .......hope the hip if recovering πŸ™‚

      Delete
  3. Put my name down for a game, please. I've been discussing the game with Clint (Anything But A One! blog) and was looking for a participation game to try the rules out, so it looks like I'm in luck. I'm working Col. Bill's, but should be able to get a quick game in at some point during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Roy I will happily save you a slot, the benefit is I can accommodate more than one player πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. cool, if I make it I'm up for a play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you do make it happy to give you a game πŸ™‚

      Delete
  5. I played the rules once at our local con; I enjoyed it very much and thinking about picking up the rules. Nice to see you modified the command sheet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A game of fun which we shouldn’t take too seriously so hopefully just right for a gaming show

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Something different and I like to vary the participation games I put on πŸ™‚

      Delete
  7. How big is the board? 4 x 4? Looks nice.
    I think 15mm is a nice scale for that game.
    Good luck! Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The board is 4x4 but the ranges in what a tanker even at 15 mm are irrelevant, so depending on cover you can start shooting straight away.πŸ™‚

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun game,too far for me but I bet you'll have a great time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had another test game this evening so will hopefully work out on the day

      Delete
  9. Looks a winner Matt, I will be sure to pop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to catching up are you staying up in the area Phil or travelling for the day ?

      Delete
    2. We are staying down near Carnforth and driving up on the day, plan to send my wife off round town and have a couple of hours at the show.

      Delete