Sunday 16 December 2018

Iron Brigade 2nd Wisconsin : ACW

In the background between games and other stuff I have been working through my second Iron Brigade Regiment  the 2nd Wisconsin. A really rubbish photo, these have more traditional light blue trousers rather than the dark ones from the previous Regiment, just gives a little variety on the table.
Apart from a possible Zouave unit this is pretty much is all my (cheap plastic😜) Union infantry painted up. I think another full army photo is required at some stage. I have come up with the idea to paint some mounted Regimental Officers on square bases to fit into units to give variety. The standards are split on two bases so I can have either two large units or split them into three smaller Regiments. I now need some more confederates as they are falling behind in numbers.

18 comments:

  1. They look fine to me Matt, despite being the cursed plastic that is. Treat yourself to some proper metal ones, go on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David....it is definately on the cards as I have my eye on some Foundry confederates 😀

      Delete
  2. Photo looks good to me and so does your brushwork. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan always nice to finish another unit 🤪

      Delete
  3. Look good. I have 2 more regiments, 4 limbers and some vignettes to paint and then I have painted every single ACW figure I have. Will give me 2 divisions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice is that two divisions per side ! now

      Delete
    2. yip, you might have to move to a bigger house

      Delete
  4. They look great, Matt! Understand about the lighting - I get that a lot too, but they do look fine nevertheless. Smart move on splitting the standards for multi-sized units.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I think I am just not very patient when taking photos and need to take a bit more time....one day perhaps ?

      Delete
  5. Unit looks good! It’s more work to do both sides due to keeping the forces relatively even. I know the dilemma well. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew .........I think I have three rebel units to paint to catch up

      Delete
  6. They look great Matt...
    A very businesslike unit.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, hopefully they will see some proper business in the new year🙂

      Delete
  7. Finely turned out Matt, no plastic left, now you can get some "proper" toy soldiers ;~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few plastic rebels to so first but I am tempted by some Foundry rebels🤔

      Delete
  8. Lovely looking Union types,I don't know but you look away for a moment and you knock out loads of posts! My apologies. I'm with you on the plastic,it doesn't all have to be heavy metal!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete