Monday 17 December 2018

Prussian Cuirassier Regiment : SYW

With the nasty weather at the weekend I spent some time painting up my first SYW Prussian Cavalry Regiment. The 1st Cuirassier Regiment. These were again quite fun and fairly quick to paint.
The lighter colours work well, I experimented with different horse colours
Like the infantry the figures would take more detail but I am not really sure they need it
A closer shot
Here are my three test units, very happy with the effect, one of the key things was getting the figures to stand out not the bases so I think I will keep the bases simple
I’ll crack on with a few more more infantry units for the Prussians and then try some Austrians. I also have some different standards to try next as well.

13 comments:

  1. Most splendid Matt, they really pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil and they are only little 🙂

      Delete
  2. Excellent work, Matt! The close up of your cuirassiers is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan they take the paint fairly easily🙂

      Delete
  3. Your cuirassiers turned out quite well. I just received a couple packs of these Pendraken models and was interested to see how they turn out. Yours are quite good, and the painted standard works much better than paper cut outs. I like the infantry as well, very neat and well executed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...they are great figures, I think the challenge is stopping, you can easily paint them in tremendous detail effectively no difference to 15mm if you have the skill (I don’t) but then I am not sure you would see the detail. Will look out to see how you get on 🙂

      Delete
  4. Thanks Andrew 😀 more to come soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly knocking those tiny chaps out at a rate of knots!

    ReplyDelete