Sunday 12 May 2019

Can’t see the wood for the trees 🌲

I managed to link visiting my father who lives in Edinburgh with a visit to the Carronade Wargame Show. I have been a couple of time before there are some nice games, an increasing number of participation games...lots of traders and an excellent Bring and Buy.

This will be the first of a couple of posts. But I wanted to share my bargain purchase of the day.....like a child I was just toooooo excited. On my purchase list I had thought if I saw any trees a couple might be a nice idea and then I spotted this box on the Bring and Buy full of trees.

When I enquired to the price I simple had to get them...
These are the larger 28 mm trees a recently completed German Motorcycle for scale
Here are the smaller 15mm and 10 mm trees, they would also work as a large Kentish orchard ?
And some smaller 6-10 mm trees
On mass they create a very pleasing wood and of course I do have quite a lot of other trees if I can’t contain my excitement I might have to get them all out to see the effect on the table.

So forgive me my childlike indulgence.........and what kind of bargain was it ? When I initially looked in the box I was thinking I might offer the guy a couple of pounds each just for the larger trees. But before I said anything he said £10 for the box !!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t try and bargain him down 🙂

15 comments:

  1. Tree-mendous! can't believe I wrote that! :-)

    I have just booked accommodation to get me to the Phoenix show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An astonishing arboretum acquired there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the forest AND the trees! Great grab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word that's quite a forest you have assembled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a fan of the bog brush trees style, but at £10 I'd not complain either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Losing your touch, should have knocked him down to £8

    ReplyDelete
  7. No puns. Nice buy. I really need trees

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice pull, the trees would have cost way way more if you bought them new

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bargain! Everyone can use more trees.
    Including me. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Bargain, great buy!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete