Monday 3 February 2020

Vapnartak hoard..........

Like any good Viking marauder we travelled across the mountains to make a raid on the annual York Wargame Show Vapnartak ! This was only hindered by the kind highways agency shutting the A66. Anyway the show is a big feature for many Wargamers from the north and was very well attended and busy. But it is a big venue. Unfortunately I didn’t take any photos of the games on offer but many were of a good quality. I met up with a number of friendly gamers and acquaintances which is nice to catch up on projects people are planning.

We also spent a lot of time checking out the very numerous traders and the ‘Bring and buy’ (reorganised this year to make it less crowded), and we came back with bags full of goodies.
It is so hard to walk past a bargain, but I can at least reassure myself that everything I bought was only my possible list of things to look out for or purchase.
This years bargain, I do seem to be lucky at these shows was a large collection of Perry AWI figures, not only the plastics above which were half price but a large box of metal figures, with the usual bargaining approach of “if I buy the whole box ?” And they were a bargain at about £3.50 a bag 
I hadn’t actually gone through each bag, but when I got home I opened the two bags labelled artillery and here are the contents 😀

I now definitely have enough to crack on with my planned AWI project.


10 comments:

  1. Great stuff, bring and buys can be dangerous!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cracking find there Matt, don't know how you do it. All I seem to find is over priced tat and aids for the gnome bothering fraternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand haul Matt! Look forward to seeing your take on AWI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, did I give yoou my AWI figs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always good to bag a bargain! Nice haul!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent haul! That’s a great way to start the AWI. 😀

    ReplyDelete