Sunday 17 May 2020

Rebel Infantry and Water tower : ACW

Well first I am going to have to apologise to those of you keen button counters as I have made a terrible gaff, this may be rectified at some later date but it just goes to show I am definately human and after all why should we only post perfection 😒

Anyway here are what I think are probably my last ‘plastic’ perry Confederate infantry. Never say never but it is likely future Regiments will be metal to give variety. I have some already in shirts and I might get some of the Foundry figures in great coats ? We’ll see.

Having seen David’s post some time ago of the 10th Tennessee regiment I thought that would make a nice idea, over the weeks I lodged the idea in the back of my mind, gradually painted them up, thinking I would have them later in the war so ragged but just enough with red trimmed uniforms.

Then when they were finished I forgot myself, got distracted, my mind played tricks and I converted them into Texans ! Wrong flag....... morale of the story is don’t trust your memory πŸ™‚ at some point I will change their flag.
The 10th Texans ? Oops 

On a brighter note in one of the latest Wargames Magazines they had a small ACW scenario with a water tower. I thought i needed one of those, checked out the mdf versions available and thought I’ll make one. 
The base is made from sticks from the garden, the rest is cardboard tube etc.....at least i didnt stick a flag on it !

We played the scenario successfully yesterday evening so will blog that up soon. Thanks for popping by :)

26 comments:

  1. We all have schizophrenic regiments. I have some skirmishers, the thing missing from out games, to paint, then I'm done with ACW painting, obviously a lie.
    Love the water tower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lie ! I have used skirmishers but they add a layer of complexity which doesn’t help in bigger games, it they definately work in the medium games where a couple fo Brigades per side. Can’t remember if I have shar3d the rules I created for them ? Probably but I forget.

      Delete
  2. To err is human, so it is no big deal, is it? They look very nice I think, despite being plastic abominations that isπŸ˜‰
    The water tower is first class, I must keep that in mind for future attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Human indeed....πŸ™‚ there is at least one reasonable mdf version out there πŸ‘

      Delete
  3. Good looking Texans/ Tennesseeans, whatever! Lovely scratch built water tower!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain πŸ‘ I think now they have become famous I will have to keep them as the Texans/ Tennessee unit ......

      Delete
  4. That's a fine looking construction you have made. A fine looking regiment of Rebs too, I did similar flag wise with my Carlists, I tend to do the command half way through, so I went back and repainted the berets to match the flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just rubbish and have to own up...😒

      Delete
  5. When I saw your water tower (which looks great, by the way), the old TV show "Petticoat Junction" came to mind. Now, the classic theme song will be going through my head all day. Your Texans/Tennesseans look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok not a show I remember ? But thanks for the kind support πŸ‘

      Delete
  6. Nice unit Matt, I must admit, I am a bit lost on flags, for me the unit just gets any old flag (yikes, gasps from the back!) with the a gaffe only counting if I have stuck it on upside down! This may well fall from me generally being rooted in micro armies (perhaps!).

    The water tower is very nice and very cleverly presented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GASP ! Not you Norm surely the annoyance was I thought i was being clever and doing the right think ....that will teach me 😒

      Delete
  7. Great unit Matt regardless of the flag :-)
    I am with Norm better to get them on the table and ignore the button counters.... :-)
    It is a War(game)... cracking looking water tower.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart ....I feel now I have owned up better but think I might have to order the proper flag and get them sort...but that will need some more figures ! Argghhhh

      Delete
  8. Wonderful tale and lovely troops too. The water tower is ace, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous water tower Matt...and beautiful regiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Phil tower was pretty easy really, hardest part was finding straight sticks nature in my garden seems to work in curves ?

      Delete
  10. Nice water tower, looks suitably rickety.
    You can never have enough Texans! What size bases are they on? 40x20?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Captain....l.hopefully the water tower will stand. The bases for my acw are 40 mm square

      Delete
  11. Very nice ACW troops, Matt - love the terrain piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You obviously have to leave them as is and call them the T&T regiment. And make booming noises as appropriate. πŸ˜€

    Great job on the water tower. It looks fantastic. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete