Thursday 27 August 2020

More SYW Prussians

Well a rubbish lack of blogging, sorry, work has been busy with lots of rain and when faced with the choice I keep choosing painting over blogging. Perhaps when we get into Autumn I will sort myself out. Anyway bit of a spurt on SYW and I have nailed a couple more Prussian regiments. I actually quite enjoy painting these regiments.

Von Manteuffel musketeers

and the Von Münchow Fusiliers

I am now basing all these on split bases rather than the original plan of single bases as they give more flexible options. I prefer the paper flags but the units come with the precast metal option and it just seems silly to replace them all so I am mixing them up a bit. Whilst scanning through eBay I found these on offer so I now have a lot more Prussians to paint they were about 25% discount so is was silly not to buy them (that’s what I told my wife anyway)


And I have managed to keep on with the cycling despite some aches and pains here is yet another shot of the Lake District one beautiful evening.

Sorry again for the lack of battle reports I do have a couple to catch up on and we are planning a big ACW this weekend👍

13 comments:

  1. That's a lot of the little folk there, most splendid. What is that blue stuff in the top of your photo?
    Look forward to your ACW report in due course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, slow but steady progress, apparently we have had a few nice evenings in between what feels like a lot of rain !

      Delete
  2. Matt, I always enjoy seeing your 10mm SYW work. Your Prussians look great and I couldn't have passed up a bargain either.

    Lovely cycling scenery. Beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan , slow but steady progress on the Prussians and now I have plenty to go at in the Prussian lead pile !

      Delete
  3. you and your ebay finds. you must have a different version than me. looking great, see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent ages deciding whether I really needed that many Prussians and then thought I would play the long game. Not sure why the guy had a full Prussian army, nice thing it have several units I hadn’t got and is mainly fusiliers so compliments what I already have 🙂

      Delete
  4. Splendid little persons and, in the context, great eBay find. Thanks for the uplifting cycling landscape too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The figures look good on separate bases, and good for changing formation. Always good to find deals on ebay. Enjoy the great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking figures! I also like paper flags better but it’d be a pain to change it. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking tiny chaps and always good to bag a bargain! Bike pick looks good too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid little fellows Matt...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete