Saturday 19 November 2022

Cretan archers and Seljuk Cavalry

With the weather remaining fairly bad and wet up north and the living room freshly decorated I have had some more time on the painting desk this week.

First up a unit of Cretan archers, purchased these such a long time ago I can’t remember. They are Essex miniatures and can play as mercenaries for a number of forces, but are most likely to see service in the employ of the Athenians.
These Seljuk cavalry/light horse archers have been in progress for a number of months, anyone visiting the dungeon will have seen their very slow progress to completion. I finally got bored of them sitting on the desk. They may see some additional faffing at some later point if I am bored. They are all gripping beast figures I think and I individually based them to allow maximum flexibility.originally there were 18 but when I looked at them in more detail 3 were more specifically Arab light cavalry as I have few spare of these they have been taken away to make up a unit.  Another reason for the basing choice πŸ‘

Anyway thanks for looking in I must get round to writing up the Bound Brook Battle… another Bridge crossing scenario but in a different period this weekend, what could possibly go wrong ?

πŸ˜€ Matt



25 comments:

  1. Your cavalry figures look amazing, Matt! Another bridge crossing? Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Matt, and congratulations on finishing the living room. I thought I had provided myself with a clear run until Christmas, but have just been informed the back deck needs fresh coat of stain before Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and always a few more chores to be done πŸ™

      Delete
  3. Splendid additions, I particulary like the Seljuks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil they could probably do with a bit more detail , which I might add some time if I am bored

      Delete
  4. great work, see you Saturday. Hope you have worked out a participation game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin yes getting ready for Saturday

      Delete
  5. You seem to be posting almost every day at the moment, Matt...the advantages if retirement for all to see! Nice work on both lots of figures and still interested to read your take on the slaughter at Bound Brook....! Another bridge assault....just make sure you are defending this time!πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith I am certainly getting more time on hobby ‘work’ at the moment, we played out the bridge assault but I need to catch up first πŸ‘

      Delete
  6. Nice work Matt, you o have a varied collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George and growing all the time πŸ‘

      Delete
  7. Cracking job Matt, I do like this awesome Seljuk cavalry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil πŸ‘ they are colourful and will hopefully be coming to a crusader battle soon

      Delete
  8. Calvary are always cool. Pre gunpowder units are very cool. These are great. Looking forward to the game report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe I’ll try and get the report blogged soon

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil lots of colour at least πŸ‘

      Delete
  10. Beautifully painted figures all around, Matt. And they are very good troops in battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean hopefully they will get into battle sometime soon

      Delete
  11. Those Essex miniatures must be a good old age…
    The Seljuk’s look rather good…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete