Saturday 8 July 2023

British Napoleonic Commanders and some Persian Inspiration

Filling in the gaps of time before we head off to Europe I have been picking off few more painting bits.

Also picked up at Partizan were these British commanders all are Perry figures. 
Here are the five commanders painted over the last week or so, next up I need to do some larger bases with two and three figures per base but that will have to wait till after our trip
I have also quickly painted up a couple of spare Germans I had, above a Panzerschrek mainly as for CoC you get one with the command base in a standard German force.
Also a few spare infantry to boost my Germans upto six squads
I mentioned on my previous post I was travelling down to London, while this was mainly a social trip it coincided with a British museum special exhibition looking at the Persians and their influence on the Greeks. Lots of interesting stuff on show, here are just a couple of bits
Bowl/plate with Persian archer
North African warrior in Persian armour

Lots of gold found in Bulgaria ?
I also wandered around the rest of the museum, some Greek armour on show
and a famous ancient Briton shield

That’s all for now, I hope to share some photos from our trip but this will depend on time and internet connections.

Thanks for checking in

Matt 👍



25 comments:

  1. More really cool stuff. Love the shield. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the latest batch of Napoleonic commanders Matt and I always enjoy your WWII painting. That exhibition at the British Museum looks great. There is always something to see there and I wish I had taken photos on my previous visits as I have forgotten so much of what I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, I tend to pop into the British museum ever time I am in London which means I tend to just look at one or two sections, it is far too big to cover the whole museum….and quite busy most of the time.

      Delete
  3. Fine work on both the Napoleonics and the WWII Germans:). It's decades since I went to the British Museum (early 1990's?) and would love to go again, but I always feel you need a few days to really take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve I tend to end up in London every few months, either through work or now on social visits. I’m a pretty regular visitor….and as I mention above I ted. To look at just a few things each time.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work on the commanders Matt! I hope you enjoy your European trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David….looking forward to our trip 👍

      Delete
  5. Fine looking command figures Matt. Most interesting artifacts in view, have a grand trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid work on those Command figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil a pause now but more to come

      Delete
  7. You make great progress on the painting front. You are cranking out the figures. Seeing an original shield is quite treat. I will study this specimen more closely. Enjoy your military tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon the Naps are coming together bit by bit 🙂 not surprisingly the British Museum is packed full of interesting stuff.

      Delete
  8. Nice paint job on the figures Matt. Hope you manage to do some updates on your battlefield tour....should be a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I can’t promise a blow by blow account but will share as much of our trip as I can manage 👍

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a nice trip! I haven't been to a museum in a long time. kinda sad actually. 😀
    Good looking commanders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew……not sure I can ever walk past a museum 🙂

      Delete
  11. Lovely new toys Mark…
    An excellent looking exhibition as well…It has been far to many years since I have been to the British Museum… something I do need to rectify.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Splendid commanders sir! Need to revisit the British Museum. Went about 10 years ago but time was limited on the day.
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely looking Napoleonic British command and it's always worthwhile popping into the British museum! You also found the token bit of British in it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the prone Panzershreck team!

    ReplyDelete