Thursday 4 April 2024

More 15mm Painting

On the back of completing the 15mm Sicilian/Iberian terrain I pushed on to complete some other ‘European’ buildings which I had ordered ages ago and had sat in the box. Wanting the terrain to match in I had ordered some more Hovels Battleground buildings. I really like the slightly rough casting of the resin which gives them a more natural look than mdf. You can buy them painted but I wanted to match them in as best as I could.

A small three building block
Damaged shops
Even more damaged shops, I actually bought two of these
A small rural church , which also comes with a spire
After painting I fixed them onto small pavement sections as this makes them easier to quickly place on the table and set up a shot of the complete village. The houses on the right are from a different manufacturer but no idea where I got them from.
Whilst setting up the above I was playing about with stuff and discovered the Sicilian buildings are fortuitously the same size for the roof sections from the hovels buildings. So I have ordered some extra roofs which are in the post, this will give me the option for another 6 smaller buildings as above which blend in really well.
I have also completed some very quick and simple paint jobs on a stack of German Tanks which came from the boxed set I picked up a while ago. 
I kept the scheme very simple so they can play across a number of theatres and just about blend in with my existing Germans
Oh and a couple of Matilda’s for the Western Desert. Think I might have weathered these a little too much ?
Finally the sky cleared for a couple of hours the weather having been particularly grim for quite a while.

On a final note and I know a couple of people had asked, my Father passed away last week having lasted less than three weeks in the home. To be honest this was fine and expected as he had deteriorated in the last week or so. Whilst we are all sad we are celebrating his 90 year life which included two wives, seven sons and twelve grandchildren. I will be more than happy to reach 80 and still have my marbles !

That’s it for now the Napoleonics are setup on the table and ready for action when the Russians arrive 😀

Thanks as always Matt


21 comments:

  1. So much to like here Matt. The buildings look great, quite the village now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work all round there Matt, Hovels buildings have certainly stood the test of time, I may have to invest in some more while they are available. Sincere condolences on the passing of your father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil I was thinking the same and might pick up a couple more sometime although I might have enough ?

      Delete
  3. Fine work and a good discovery on buildings and roof size. I like the Matildas also. Sad news of your father's passing, chin up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, being able to swop the roofs will help with some storage challenges. The Matilda camo was a bit of an afterthought so they aren’t terribly good, but will be ok at arms length.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your fathers passing, sad times but a good age and seemed a life well lived! Very nice work on some lovely buildings, they will look great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie I’m looking forward to getting the buildings into a full set up soon ?

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal it is fine he was a good age and it was his time 😀

      Delete
  6. Love the buildings, especially the row of 3 in the first pic. Sorry to hear about your Dad Matt, sounds like had a great inniigs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I do like the way they have ‘rows’ of buildings they do a four which you can see in the village setup as well.

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking buildings and armour, sorry for your loss.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking stuff, fab game today

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to read of your dad's passing. Good that you were present to help him out until the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon sad but a relief that the end wasn’t dragged out. The time we spent together over the last 6 months has been quite special.

      Delete
  10. So sorry to hear about your Dad. The buildings and tanks look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil I need to get these tanks into battle sometime soon 👍

      Delete
  11. Nice job on the building and I agree about the rougher look.

    Sorry about your father. I can understand that it was his time and being relieved that it wasn’t prolonged in misery. Still, best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete