Monday 25 March 2024

Mediterranean modular village 15mm

A while ago I posted that I had bought from eBay a ‘job lot’ 15mm modular village for gaming in Sicily or Italy. Whilst painting figures I have gradually been ‘tarting’ painting these up and they were completed last night. The main reason I bought them was their obvious flexibility and the fact that the package gave me pretty much all I could possibly need ? They are made of some form of plaster so won’t stand dropping on the floor I have no idea the manufacturer but would be interested to know ? The set came with a couple of walled sections which I forgot to put in the photos.

Pretty much the full Town as single story buidlings
These can then be raised into taller buildings if wanted
Or split as shown in these three photos as smaller rural villages
Lots of different building options can be made from farms churches etc…
Very happy with the way they have come out, although they were painted I have lightened the walls and highlighted them, then applied a bit of stain to represent weathering and ageing. The roofs were simple overpainted to a lighter terracotta colour. The casting/moulding is rough on some so you may notice the windows in some places are pushed out, in others I have painted them black. Some of the buildings may find themselves in 28mm games as sheds as well, or if so inclined I could make some small 28mm sheds onto which the roofs would fit?. If I  was inclined I guess I could also use them for reduced footprint villages in larger Napoleonic they are really a bit small for that ?

Anyway I hope we can get them on the table soonish 

Thanks as always Matt ❤️


27 comments:

  1. They've turned out well and you get a great amount of flexibility with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt, a good find, especially for building up the village look. It is a loooong time since I have owned or seen plaster based buildings, I can’t remember the source, but they did end up with a few chips on their corners. I seem to remember the same people did plaster hedges as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, I just need not to drop them on the floor in the dungeon !

      Delete
  3. Cool, I've got one of them, but whiter and redder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on those Matt. When I bought some Timecast buildings over 20 years ago now, they appeared to be using Jesmonite to cast there stuff in, which is sort of like and industrial plaster, very strong and water based so the moulds don't degrade. Heavy until all the moisture has dried out, but it allows damage to easily be added if you so desire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve , should I get some damage I think it will easily fixed ?

      Delete
  5. That is a nice collection and very handy too. Not seen a plaster building in an age, they look like they will be very useful,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely transformed purchase there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite a town there Matt. Nice work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice collection of small buildings. I stayed in something similarly rustic up on the cliffs of Vernazza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon…hopefully more weather proof than these ?

      Delete
  9. They don't look half bad at all Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A splendid acquisition with many applications, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very useful collection. Nice grab. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cracking stuff Matt…
    Useful for a lot of periods…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great job there Matt, sure I will see them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look great Matt and enough for a proper village to, all to often you end up with 4 buildings which does not look like enough.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete