Sunday 10 December 2017

Crescent and Cross : the First Crusade

A second try out with my Arabs forces, when I originally bought them the drive was the release of the Crescent and Cross update to Saga. So it is great to finally get them onto the table. For those not aquatinted with the Saga supplements the core rules remain the same but the boards which help you to control your force have gradually become more complex and challenging to play. This really suits those with experience but it would not be a good place to jump into the system.
Two of the new Boards, both have an additional layer of complexity 
My Arab Force for C&C
I didn’t capture many photos, the Crusaders mounted knights surge forward
Joined by a mix of warriors and crossbow men
The light but hopefully mobile Arabs prepare to receive the charge
After several turns of heavy fighting the Arab line is severely thinning 
They do have a large unit of Fanatics in reserve
The Crusader lord pulls back to rest before charging in again
I didn’t capture a picture but eventually the two lords clashed , with two such skilled fighters inevitability they were both slain !

A fun game and the new boards give a fresh look at the gameπŸ˜€

10 comments:

  1. looking great. Had great day today, thamks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin will post the official history in the next couple of days πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. Some nice work in evidence there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David πŸ™‚ working my way through but as per your other comment I am not sure how long it might take to get beyond skirmish games ?

      Delete
  3. The more I see the tempted I become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.....it is a loverly period for gaming πŸ˜€

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting Matt, I am sure I could pull a force together based on my existing middle east collection.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saga only requires fairly small numbers so my force is an average six point army.

      Delete