Saturday 23 June 2018

Saxons and Moors update

With the preparation for today’s Phoenix Wargame show completed I have been trundling on with my Dark Age/Crusades project. In one of the previous posts I shared the Saxons and Norman’s. So here is a photo of the Islamic Forces as they are 😢, a lot of work to be done although I can probably squeeze in a unit of African tribes men and my camel archers. I have quite few units already bought just need to crack on. I will be filling in those few gaps and I have enough figures for probabaly two more infantry units and a cavalry unit.
I have enough for a reasonable skirmish force
I have also completed these Saxon warriors. They are Wargames Factory figures which had been built and prepared but had been languishing in a box. They are definately not the best figures and I wouldn’t buy any more far to wooden, however I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of them and painted up they provide another solid foot unit bringing the Saxons upto 6 blocks.
...and  here is what I was working on last night another infantry unit of Normans, the spare two crusaders are to fill in some gaps in another unit

Better get off to the show now....so nice that it is only 5 minutes away 😀

17 comments:

  1. Have fun Matt.
    It's looking like quite a force.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff, wargames factory a bit ropey, very dated. Can't make show today. Have good one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah would buy Wargames Factory again but they will work on mass 🙂

      Delete
  3. Good project! Have fun at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the show, the wargames factory Saxons will be fine in a shield wall and a good base for your Islamic force!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I just need more Arabs painted up and camels...camels ...camels one day 🙂

      Delete
  5. Looking good Matt. Enjoyed our all to brief chat earlier today, trust you had plenty more takers during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil....I didn’t stop all day and of the three years I have attended this was the busiest for me !

      Delete
  6. 5 mins?!! Some people have all the luck.
    Good luck with the tanks at the show. 😀
    The other forces are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shaping up nicely there Matt! Hope you bought some nice new toys at the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful figures, scenery...and project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil a bit to go yet but progress is rewarding 🙂

      Delete