Saturday 4 May 2019

Wehrmacht Reinforcements

After our game last week I thought I would try and finish it off a few German reinforcements who had been partially painted. Essentially another squad with another Machine Gun Team.
All Warlord figures painted to match in with my other units.
So this means I probably have enough core German infantry !
Six x 8 man units, three MG34’s a small pioneer unit.

This means I am in the nice position of being able to field a reasonable German infantry force for our bolt action games. There are a few bits I could fill out with but I will probably only get them if I see them cheap at a show or something. The only infantry I have now left to paint for the Germans are some early SS, a couple of squads and a supporting Gun crew. 

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal simple painted job really 🤔

      Delete
  2. Excellent Krauts there Matt. Let's hope they suffer new unit syndrome to help the Brits along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David time will tell.........but at least I have lots in reserve now 🙂

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil if I had a bigger table I would get them all out 😀

      Delete
  4. Great looking set of Jerries!mexcellent work!
    8 man units, in Bolt Action what does a unit represent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 🙂 I arranged them in 8’s as that happened to be the number but they usually play as ten’s , then I found I had a few more ! Technically in the rules they represent a squad. With some form of squad leader, often some form of heavy weapon. Options around sub machine guns etc.....out of. Interest the MG34’s can either be separate units or built into the squads.

      Delete
  5. Nice looking bunch of Germans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete