Saturday 22 June 2019

Rebels and Patriots : Phoenix Lakeland Wargame Show

I mentioned in a previous post I am putting on another participation game at the local show next week (30th June, near Penrith at the Rheged Visitor Centre), it remains a small local show but this I think is the fourth year and quite few traders etc are attending. In keeping with previous years I am running a small taster game, this year using the Osprey Rebels and Patriots rules.
Last night we managed a proper test run through of the scenario to iron out any issues

As I always try to keep participation games around 30-40 minutes the forces are fairly small and as a taster I have limited the troop options. In the scenario the ‘Rebels’ have sent force to capture the bridge. The ‘Patriots’ caught in camp must mobilise and hold them off, with only a small Picket Force at the bridge. The Union Forces do have a cannon but this is really just to scare the rebels as we found it pretty ineffective. 8 turns seems to be about the right number to get to the bridge and then try and hold for a turn or so. If you are in the area and coming to the show come and say hello or better still have a game 😀

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the show and hope to try the game. Just bought 2 6mm painted ACW Armies after enjoying your posts. Hope to catch up with you there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice purchase.....6 mm a grand scale 🙂

      Delete
  2. That looks a really nice set-up, you should be busy all day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure I will get a break at some point

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Will try and take a couple of photos in action

      Delete
  4. Best of luck, looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael as long as I get to play through a few times it will have been worth it 😀

      Delete
  5. Looks ace Matt, looking forward to next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve been ignoring Rebels and Patriots since I need another ACW rule set like I need an eleventh finger.
    I’m always a little fascinated by the differences of UK shows and USA conventions. 40 minutes sounds extremely short for a miniature game but I suppose you do it all day? Hope it goes well. As someone who also puts on participation games I know it can be a lot of work. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy the number of shows you can attend, we suffer from the tyranny of distance here in Oz...
    Your game looks interesting, I've been thinking of getting Rebels & Patriots for use with my 6mm AWI figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it will be a lovely game, good luck with the show!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete