Thursday 27 February 2020

Finally a start to the American War Independence

Followers will know I have been purchasing and planning a new project, finally I have something to share on this. I picked these up about a year ago they were half painted then languished on a shelf whilst I focussed on other stuff. Anyway AWI is officially a project now with my first unit completed.
 British Light Infantry a mixed battalion, hence I gave them no standard. These are Foundry figures lovely but a bit of a challenge for my painting skills with a lot of detail and variety of poses. Done now though 🤪
An officer, I purchased this guy with some more figures from a mate part painted so he just needed finishing off.

I have another unit completed just need to complete the bases. No games played in the dungeon as flooding and work seem to be wiping out my weekends☹️

17 comments:

  1. Matt, what a lovely unit, worth every brush-stroke! Hope you are not getting the worst of the weather, there is certainly a lot of water misery for many to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm they just seemed a bit fiddly and having done some more generic Perry infantry they are easier. Certainly a lot of water about, in my other life I work for the Environment Agency and spend a lot of my time planning for, mitigating or managing flooding !

      Delete
  2. Lovely, great to see your project on its way.
    I am yet to get to my 400 odd Perry and foundry figures in the stash for my AWI project started, one day perhaps.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks......sounds like a lot in the pipeline for your project. It can feel a bit daunting. I was in the same place with my ACW collection but once you get stuck in things start to develop.

      Delete
  3. “Challenge for your painting skills?” Your LI look brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they are lovely figures, loads of detail......we’ll call this table top standard !

      Delete
  4. An excellent start there Matt, onward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on the AWI. Looks great! With the new version of Muskets and Tomahawks coming out I think I’ll be finally starting AWI too, so I’ll be interested in following along with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, nice period and subtlety different to ACW I do have quite a few figures collected now ready to paint !

      Delete
  6. Super looking lights and nice commander!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good start there Matt! Looking forward to seeing more, many more, in due course.

    ReplyDelete