Sunday 6 March 2022

German Late War Panzer force ?

I have had a reasonable sized American force for 1944 Europe for a while which hasn’t seen much table time for lack of an opponent. Some considerable time ago I picked up some Panzer grenadier infantry off eBay, but they have sat in a box for ages. Fast forward and I decided on a bit of a whim to get the Late war Germans ready for battle. I already had a few Panzers from when I put on a demo game of ‘what a tanker’ so I sat patiently on eBay till some suitable stuff came up. It did and here is the output so far.

Two command tanks PzIVH
Three small platoons of Panzers 
A couple of Stugs, one has been in the ‘wars’ and lost some armour
A Jagpanther (this was a pretty poor model badly painted and needed some fixing but it is passable I think)

To add to this I have a Tiger, a lot of Panzer Grenadiers, assorted support weapons, so certainly enough to get them on the battlefield. I haven’t spent too much time on the camo pattern so it is very rough and ready but they are 15mm tanks and look fine at arms length. I have been basing up the infantry ready for painting. The only thing I am really missing is more transport for the Grenadiers and some more Flames of war bases.

I also finished these gunners off for the Back of Beyond force, turned out I had some WW1 artillery crew I just need to do a couple of head swops.
Finally another Lake District landscape, a couple of really stunning days this weekend and even though we were only out for a short walk the views were spectacular.

Hoping for another hex game this evening ๐Ÿ‘


29 comments:

  1. Most impressive batch of German armor! Your photo of the Lake District is stunning, for sure.

    I am ready for today's battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon I can now move on to the infantry ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  2. That's a great mix of Panzer's there Matt, plus the WWI artillery crew aren't too shabby either. Lovely view of the lake district:). Finally some decent weather here and got out for a nice bike ride but forgot to take some pics:(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, it was lucky I could find the crew ๐Ÿ‘ we have had some splendid weather over the last few days…but it will change ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  3. Achtung! Panzer!
    Beautiful looking tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That German armour looks superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular scenery there Matt! Like the diddy tanks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, scenery as always provided by the Lake District. Tanks a mix of manufacturers, painted in the dungeon ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  6. Nice job on the armor, a pretty consistent style always sets them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, I don’t have a spray system but I was looking for a quick option so a simple hand painted scheme, they look fine at arms length ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  7. Great progress on all fronts and the view of the Lake District is beautiful, as always Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, more Germans to come soon ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  8. Nice tanks. Although I live on the edge of the lakes I hardly ever visit, too many people and narrow roads for me, nevertheless it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks George, certainly it can be busy but I am a regular outdoor enthusiast ๐Ÿ˜€

      Delete
  9. Great additions Matt, that jagdpanther appears to be trying to bring down a plane๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, the JP was actually a free addition so it will be fine, long range artillery shot perhaps

      Delete
  10. A nice little force for the table, and that's spectacular scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work on the German armour Matt. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic, Matt, can't wait to see you jump into the action in 15mm WWII!

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack…I need to get the Grenadiers painted up next ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  13. Good looking armour and artillery crew,breathtaking scenery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain , the Lake District rarely disappoints ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  14. That’s a lot of German tanks! I like WWII in 15mm. ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  15. The German armour looks great Matt…
    I hadn’t realised they were 15mm when I saw the first pictures…

    All the best. Aly

    P.S. Lovely scenery… as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly a simple brush bases camp scheme which at least has a level of consistency ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  16. Nice British artillery crewmen!
    The JgPz V looks to be armed with some huge artillery gun from the barrel thickness haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yes it was second hand and came like that so it does look a little odd

      Delete