Friday 23 June 2017

Battle for Hawkinge : Pheonix Lakeland Wargames Show

Just finished packing for the show tomorrow. The game which is very much a participation game introducing gamers to Sealion and Bolt Action is focussed around the early morning paratrooper attack on Hawkinge Airfield. This is obviously an important target and the Fallschirmjager have been ordered to destroy key targets at the Airfield. High command are keen to keep the Airfield intact for later use so they have avoided pre invasion bombing.
I have also finished a couple of details off.....
Aircrew, Airfield Sign and I have added the details to the bus 🙂
Out of interest I have also been thinking about terrain and base cloths for larger games, a bit more work to do but the cloth above definitely has promise.
Finally today, I am not letting my wife know just how many ACW figures I now have in the plastic mountain 😀

13 comments:

  1. Looking good, it will go down a treat I'm sure, have a fine day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the show. I bet your wife reads your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb, good luck for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, the terrain looks great. Can't make today so have a good un

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great Matt and I love the new additions, lets just hope that Mrs. Crump doesn't read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a grand day Matt. Oh, and buy a few ACW figures, you've not got many after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The game looked, and played, excellent. Definitely fun to be playing each figure as an individual unit, splitting up the squad and playing tactical (or not, in my case). Well worth playing!

    Thanks Matt for putting on the game. Phoenix Show at Penrith is certainly a good show, and the venue is great (though a little too hot on a warm day - but nothing the organiser's could do about that). See you next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Figures are like Shoes Matt - That what she tells me :-)
    Hope the show went well.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless my lovely wife has a very large lock up warehouse that I am not aware of then I have more soldiers than she has shoes ! We not getting into the relative costs though 😀

      Delete
  9. Great looking game yesterday Matt, I enjoyed gawping at it.

    Graham (West Coast Gamers)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Graham.......seemed the show went well again 😀

      Delete
    2. Graham. First time I've visited the show and I've got to say I enjoyed it. Definitely would recommend it, and will come back to future events.

      Delete