Sunday 11 June 2017

Pheonix Lakeland Wargame Exhibition : Operation Sealion

It is two weeks now till the Pheonix Wargame Show, this is the second year it has been run by gamers from the west of Cumbria, but as the show is little more than a couple of miles from my house it is a must for me. It is a small show but some good support from traders.
Last year I ran my Lord of the Rings Participation game...which found its way onto the flyer πŸ™‚ this year I wanted to do something slightly different so I am running an Operation Sealion Participation game. With the success of my previous game I have planned it to be a fast and furious game suitable for all ages. Linking into my campaign it is based around the initial attack on Hawkinge Airfield just north of Folkestone. The picture below shows the rough set up although I might change it slightly for the show.
The participant plays as a German squad of elite Fallschirmjager whose Glider has put them through the perimeter fence, they have a number of objectives to blow up but only limited time, although I am using bolt action each figure represents a unit, the first time we have used it like this and it seems to work ok...simple and easy which is the main thing.
We play tested it several times this weekend and it was fun which is the important thing. The game is designed to take no more than about 45 minutes So if you happen to be in an around Penrith in a couple of weeks come over and say hello πŸ˜€

25 comments:

  1. I will be there. And I will expect to have a go (please).
    Actually, I'm looking forward to this show. Yesterday's local show I just couldn't be bothered with in the end, but I'm determined to make it to Penrith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully see you there and yes we can get you a game πŸ˜€

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, unfortunately can't make it, family stuff that weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also got the old guard next weekend. I did promise to ask you if you wanted to come. Sunday 18th from 9am til abot 4. Not a problem if you can't make it

      Delete
    2. Thanks Martin I will check out with my boss and see what we are doing next weekend πŸ˜€

      Delete
    3. That reminds me. I've yet to ping a message to Steve and Stuart and John about next week, to see if its okay for me to pop back along as a visitor (since I've dropped from being a club member). Just be a social visit by me, so don't worry about finding me any toys to play with.

      Delete
    4. Come along, I'll tell the guys

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you there and having a bash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks half way between display and participation, well that is what I am aiming for πŸ™‚

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. If I can manage a bit of fun that will do πŸ˜€

      Delete
  7. A treat in store for the visitors there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully fun, dynamic and visually appealing ? Well that is what I am aiming for ?

      Delete
  8. Sounds brilliant! I shall look forward to reading all about and admiring all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matt, I played your game last year and really enjoyed it. Bringing my son this year so can't wait to show him your game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do come and say hello, game is slightly different and a little harder πŸ˜€

      Delete
  10. I also really enjoyed Lord of the Rings last year and hope that I get a chance to give this game a go as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be very welcome David come and say hello πŸ˜€

      Delete
  11. Enjoy the show tomorrow Matt!

    ReplyDelete