Monday 5 June 2017

Back from the break......

Our small half term holiday to SW Scotland is over and back to the grind ! It was both relaxing and productive, quite a bit of history to visit, lovely quiet beaches and a bit of time to relax (paint soldiers 😀). We had pretty much no internet connection which is great for a while although I missed all the updates from the blogs I follow so will need to catch up. A few snaps of the holiday which might be of interest......then the painting I managed.
Sorbie Tower near Whithorn circa 1500
Whithorn Main Street some great buildings which I will copy in future buildings
History everywhere, one for the SCW buffs...
WW2 pillbox I think but I couldn't get a closer look, quite a few protecting the roads in from the coast
Museum of beautiful ancient Christian crosses
Garlieston where they tested the Mulberry harbours for D day
Druchtag Motte 1100 and very steep hence the rope !

Wigtown is famous for its second hand bookshops so I had to by a couple.....



........and the painting 
I managed to complete another rebel unit 😀
Something quirky for blood in the Sand which I picked up off eBay probably an objective in a future battle
An explorer for Africa.......I did paint some other stuff but didn't get it finished so will post later

Finally a picture of the first Confederate Brigade completed...4 units. I have now developed a plan for the project and ordered some Feds, I feel I need to crash on with the ACW so other stuff might have to slow down. We'll see😀

17 comments:

  1. Wow! Very productive holiday! If I took painting along on holiday, my body might never be found. Love the Arc of the Covenant model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan...she must really love me 😍 the Arc is made by Castaway Minatures.....

      Delete
  2. A fine and productive time you had there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil....it was a holiday so we drank some fine wine as well 😀

      Delete
  3. Great blog, love the arc of the covenant - needs Nazis and a hero in a hat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have had the perfect holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael we all like a good holiday........😀

      Delete
  5. Welcome back. Some terrific work. I should play more Biblical wargames. But as no club member is very interested I get very little opportunity. (Said after looking at the Arc....!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks .....as part of my blood in the Sand campaign/epic the arc may get used in a range of different roles. Although I haven't quite worked out how to do it the lid isn't stuck down so the bearers can carry other things as well 😀

      Delete
  6. Those ACW look the business. I really do love how you've done them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ACW chaps look great as does the ark, holiday and painting?! Lucky man!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.....after a brief rest should be back to gaming this weekend🙂

      Delete
  8. We don't know where to head Matt, so many fabulous things! The biblical stand is my favourite...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci 😀 The Arc is from a company called Castaway Minatures, and I've just noticed I haven't put any grass on the base yet😬

      Delete