Sunday 22 October 2017

Some Sunday Cottages

When work is full on which it has been this week it is time to get some terrain made and some painting done. After our last Barbarossa battle I made the new fences but we needed a couple of more suitable buildings. I picked up a couple of plain MDF bungalows and spent a few hours converting them for the Russian front.
I kept them quite generic here on the Eastern front my Kradschutzen drive past
But they also work in other periods and locations here my recently finished next Confederate unit march past on the way to Manassas Junction

For those interested, the conversion involves thickening the roof, and then using quick drying filler to create the thatch, some cardboard for door frame and etc.....sand over the walls to give some texture then paint as desired.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil simple job to while away a couple of hours πŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. I like the buildings! Which MDF buildings were the basis for these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan not sure how to copy a link form ebay but type in 28 mm bungalow and Fence laser cut MDF and you should get them? But they don’t come with the chinned !

      Delete
  3. They look blooming well brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, I would never had said that they were MDF originally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael suitable for any period I hope

      Delete
  5. Nice universal buildings!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can squeeze them in between medieval although the windows are a challenge and modern πŸ˜€

      Delete
  6. Those are really rather good! Useful stuff this MDF in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks saves a lot of the basic work πŸ˜€

      Delete
  7. Thanks Gordon good to see you back in the virtual world πŸ™‚

    ReplyDelete