Tuesday 2 June 2020

The Red House : AWI/ACW

Well missed the game at the weekend and I am really bogged down in painting some AWI militia, as a distraction I decided to make a new house for either AWI or ACW. In a number of books photos show a rather nice ‘red house’ I already have a blue one so cracked on. I picked up a cheap mdf building £9 from eBay then attacked it with card and a basic paint job.

Here she is, it also encouraged me to put. Couple of finishing touches on the blue house. It looks very red in this picture but in real life is slightly more muted
At the weekend it was almost too hot for cycling so I decided to put on my walking boots and head for the hills on foot the picture kind of says it all, although i did choose a quieter area deliberately as it was sunday. You will see my lockdown beard is completely out of control but it is part of a joke with some colleagues at work and when lockdown finishes it will probably one off. Only a very good expert could tell which summit i am on ?
It shows the Lake District has a range of different landscapes

I now need to water the plants in the garden and trudge on with the militia ! KBO

21 comments:

  1. Perfect red house and good looking prairie land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan , not quite a prairie though this is an area of highland peat and bog I forget the name of the plants, but in normal times when it rains, we are currently experiencing a significant drought in Northern England, this area would be a real squelchy bog to walk across. All this assuming a prairie means the same in NW states as I think it does ?

      Delete
    2. In the NW USA, a prairie is a large open area of grassland. No peat bogs here.

      Delete
    3. I checked and star of the picture is common cotton grass, which seems a little unfair for something so beautiful in its own way.

      Delete
  2. A very fine piece of real estate there Matt, I can just imagine it in your outdoor shots🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil too big to carry in my rucksack though

      Delete
  3. Beautiful views from the window, and of course the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep telling my wife that every man, as a rite of passage, must one day grow out their beard. Like ACW style beard.
    I’ve yet to do it. And now I’m jealous. 😀

    Great job on the house. It’s amazing what can be done with some paint, card, and scissors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only worry is if I grow my beard that long I might never want to get rid of it ?🤔

      Delete
  5. That's a fine house and grand landscape photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing building Matt and indeed beard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael the beard seems to be going well 👍

      Delete
  7. Well Grizzly Adams the house is nice. Weather has been lovely but the garden is loving the rain today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin am just on a call with work where they are talking about us working from home for 6-12 months the beard will be catching in my feet by then !

      Delete
    2. think I'm in the same position

      Delete
  8. Good looking house! Nice landscape, I've just shaved the beard, I'd had enough, yours looks great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking scratch build, Matt. Very nice outdoor images too. Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah a friend and I trekked around the Lake District in 2004 for a couple of weeks we had an interesting time!
    Oh nice building!

    ReplyDelete