Tuesday 10 October 2023

More French Napoleonics

I should probably be painting some more British but these French were already prepped. They are mainly Perry figures which came as a job unit off eBay. Although they are mixed line infantry I wanted to paint them up as Light Infantry.


As the unit came with 24 figures and I had quite a lot of spare command figures I made the unit upto 30. Sticking with the 6 per base theme I split the Voltigeurs so they can skirmish if needed. Not much else to say about them……..

Thanks for checking by

Matt 😀

25 comments:

  1. They look like a fine addition Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fine unit Matt. I hope the recovery is going OK and you are managing to shake off the lingering effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence….recovery is slow but I am making some progress😀

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Martin…can’t seem to stop painting French at the moment 🤔

      Delete
  4. Thanks Jon ….some progress on improving health although it is a bit slow at the moment 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed Matt…
    I rather like the French Light Infantry uniforms…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly…..officially the uniforms are slightly different but with some paintwork you can get a reasonable feel for a Legere Battalion

      Delete
  6. Great looking Frenchies! I might try that trick with some of my primed line infantry, less white, sounds good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, uniforms are of course slightly different but careful paintwork can bring results.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done Matt, the split voltigeur bases work well. Are all your units at 30 figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, numbers wise I have a mix, all British and Portuguese are at 24 man units. The French vary from 24 to 36, some of the larger units can be broken down or combined to give slightly more units if needed.

      Delete
  8. Good to see you getting back to normal Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow but steady recovery …..at least I can’t paint 👍

      Delete