Monday 30 May 2016

Find the Halfling : preparation

Following a large VBCW battle at the weekend (just editing the photos so will post soon) the show at Rheged is now my next target, the 25th June sees the first really local show to Penrith. Check out their Facebook at Pheonix Lakeland Wargames Exhibition.

I have agreed to run a LOTR participation game with Dragon Rampant rules. We have tested the scenario a couple of times and it works pretty well. It is based on the battle which takes place at the end of film one at Amon Hen....hence the title of the game.

The boards will mainly be my normal table with an additional section providing a steeper hill, I am in the process of upgrading my old oak trees and I have all the figures, most just need a tidy up but I have bought a few extra orcs.
It is a small game with four units of 12 Orc Uruk scouts each so here they are waiting for their improved bases to dry.

6 comments:

  1. Didn't know about the show, may pop along. Good luck with the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how big or popular it will be but it is only 5 mins from the dungeon !

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it'll be a great game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so...been making terrain this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. Sounds great and will certainly looking forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael....the orcs are coming with me to Edinburgh for a couple of days so hope to have them completed.

      Delete