Wednesday 18 May 2016

Supporting Wargame shops ?

There are very few actual shops in the uk which stock true wargaming stock. When I visit a town or city where there is one I feel I need to do my little bit to support them. So as I am in Birmingham for a couple of days  I popped into Ian Allen's close to new street station if you don't know it. They have a fantastic collection of military books but also stock a small range of Wargame figures and rules etc. You can occasionally pick up a bargain, but sadly not today, but I did my bit and bought some crusader pilgrims, they will come in for saga and lion rampant at some stage.


The guy in the shop said the shop in Manchester was potentially closing so if you are anywhere near you might get a bargain.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that every time I find a wargames shop I do go in and usually buy something, but it is not usually a plan to search one out. The internet will kill them off and in one aspect that is good. It means more manufacturers with smaller overheads. However I will miss them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good and the bad of th internet.....i wonder how many gamers today started buy their first soldiers in a shop ? But then I might just be old fashioned😀

      Delete
  2. Like yourself I try and support shops that sell wargaming products whenever I can. You can pick up some proper bargains, I bought a box of plastic ECW infantry from Ian Allan's in Brum for £15.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bad thing is I has some time to kill on the way back to the station and bought something else !!!!

      Delete
  3. Was not aware of this blog until you posted a comment on my blog, So immediately joined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following hopefully you find something interesting😀

      Delete