Thursday 24 August 2017

Artillery through the ages

Have been busy with work, holidays and other stuff so slow but gradual progress. When in York I had visited one of the few remaining model shops where I had picked up a model for Operation Sealion, l have also been working on my ACW Rebels ..........
German Kfz 69 artillery transport vehicle and a Pak 36 antitank gun, both are 1:48 scale so slightly large but not so much that you would notice, the gun crew were a gift and an odd Warlord figure I had left over. I do have some sitting down crew to finish off but I want to make them removable
Second group of artillery completed were these Rebel guns ready to roar
Finally a shot as I put the guns into the rebel box I realised it was now full a nice feeling onto the next box 😬

17 comments:

  1. Filling a box with painting lead is a true joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress there Matt, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Matt, did you see the new releases from Empress for 30s/40s British troops? Should be right up your street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aware of them......next show I visit I will get a closer look.

      Delete
  4. Fine progress Matt, I wish my boxes filled up that fast :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil....slow and gradual progress 🙂

      Delete
  5. You've filled those boxes up fast! Great looking artillery from every period.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. ACW stuff looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice stuff!
    The Protz is a good addition.
    Are the Rebel guns and crewmen Perry Plastics, they look it?
    Great looking ACW collection you're amassing.
    Cheers or should that be YeeHa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep currently all my ACW are perry, not everybody's choice but they are very flexible, have an excellent wide range and cost effective.

      Delete
    2. Hey Matt I don't think there's anything wrong with Perry plastic ACW figures they make up 95% of my ACW collection...
      Re: the artillery do you use the extra barrels from the Perry sets for anything I'd be happy to buy them from you they make great secondary weapons on my landships 😊...

      Delete
    3. Email me your address to thecrumps007@btinternet.com and I'll send you some of the spare guns 😀

      Delete
  8. Very nice job, a very impressive box!

    ReplyDelete