Tuesday 30 October 2018

On a similar theme : Heavy Arab Cavalry

So on a similar theme these guys were also part painted before the holiday and have been finished off this week. They are not bad for plastic tat as Mr B would say 🙂 (Gripping Beast for those interested) and I can now add them to my gradually growing Arab force. Not quite ready for a battle yet but I probably need a collective photo to see where I am upto. The random joy of doing what you enjoy, means I paint up some of these units knowing that one day without much real planning I will have an army to fight a battle with 🙂
I am not hugely happy with the shields as although attempting randomness they all came out a bit too similar, but they are colourful.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice Matt, I think the similarity brings the unit together rather well. As Dave can attest I go for the random painting approach, although these days it also depends what I have on the go for other folk colour/period wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some might say your whole life was random really...😉

      Delete
  2. Well, as plastic tatt goes, they will do but no heft probably means they won’t fight! 😉
    As to random painting, we all do it on occasions I’m sure, but I draw the line at Plastic figures myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a purist , I just can’t live up to those standards 😢

      Delete
  3. Your shield designs look great to me! As for a project assessment, a parade review of the troops is a good idea.

    Excellent brushwork on these Arabs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan I might get them all out in the next couple of days to motivate me to do the next unit ?

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking Arab cavalry! I like a bit of plastic me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain , I certainly have no problems with plastic...or even mixing it up. Such a rebel 🙂

      Delete