Wednesday 12 December 2018

Kingdom of Heaven : Lion Rampant

Work, preparation for Christmas and my almost obsessive watching of the political challenges in the UK mean I am once again behind on blogging. So I need to catch up a bit before Christmas. So a couple of weeks ago or so we played a couple of Lion Rampant Crusade games. No specific historical background but we played two fun scenarios from the rulebook.....my problem now I write them up is have forgotten some of the details 🤔 At least the pictures are hopefully nice.
In the first scenario my Arab contingent must seek out and kill the ‘unbelievers’ commander and wash the desert with his blood, this is immediately a very tough ask as the cowardly Christians decide to hold back, no matter god is on our side so we charge forward, it is really the only tactic I ever use 
The Arabs are now able to field my recently completed Medium cavalry
but they are up against a heavily armoured force including deadly cross bows
With both Camels and cavalry the Arabs choose to rush the enemy 
I do need more Camels but am waiting for a Black tree sale 😀
The cavalry thunder towards the Christian archers
Whilst the single unit of heavy knights also charge....
and the. Charge again into the remaining mounted Arabs, in the distance the enemy Lord can be seen making a strategic reorganisation away from the fighting (running away)
Missed a bit in the battle here but once nearly all the units were killed off my Arab Lord can be seen chasing across the desert to try and call out the enemy...but to no avail, his is able to hide amongst the desert trees to claim a draw 😀
We had enough time for a second battle so reset and somehow I forgot to take any photos until the end where the two commanders miraculously found themselves face to face in a duel. In a proper slug match they trade blows, but ever confident of my dice rolling skills the ........
The Christian dog is is slain in front of his godless Forces....Hahhah ! One nil to the home team 🙂

Fun games and we definately use Lion Rampant as the go to rules system when you want something fun and lighthearted to play.

16 comments:

  1. Game photos are nice. As for game details, well, those can be made up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, history as always written by the victors🙂

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic game! Lovely scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool and a good distraction from the politics. but relying on "your" dice throwing is reckless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Indeed’s a reckless general 😀

      Delete
  4. You take some fine photo's, those and your captions tell the story well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures capture the swirl of the action, no need for blow by blow details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David....if I could keep up to date it would be easier🤔

      Delete
  6. Very nice looking table! I agree that DR is great for light easy fun. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.......a fine ruleset for those quick setup games.

      Delete
  7. Great terrain and figures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. I’m a sucker for a desert table and associated games :) really should do something with my own crusades stuff at some point. I mean, knights of St John can’t be too hard to paint, can they??

    ReplyDelete