Monday 18 March 2019

700BC to 1940AD another progress update🙂

Just don’t seem to have time for blogging at the moment, life and work getting in the way, but hopefully my regular followers will stick with me. The good news is I am still managing to keep progress on a number of projects.
I picked these two cars up in a second hand shop in Kendal
We managed a trip to the small Dumfries show, unfortunately with home circumstances as they are I didn’t have time to put on a game but managed to pick up a lot of goodies, the best of the pick being a full unit of light Persian infantry for a £5
Also picked up these two and managed to find some spare horses for them to ride
My painting has progressed well, these Persian Camels were picked up at the York show in February and they jumped up the Painting que
Not sure of the manufacturer, they are nice models and impressive in scale here they are next to their diminutive Gripping Beast camel
The 1927 truck has been painted up as an ambulance
A nice little vehicle for my Sealion project
And another unit of Arab spearmen have found their way onto and off the Painting table. The last of my plastic Arab infantry for a while, Gripping Beast figures six to a base and hand painted shields 🙂

I do have a couple of games to catch up on hopefully I load them soon 😀

17 comments:

  1. A good, eclectic mix, Matt. I really enjoy seeing your Crusades project hit the painting desk. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan I think I need to do some Christians next to balance the forces 🙂

      Delete
  2. Nice collection of buys and painting. Hope all is on the up and up with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, hopefully be in touch soon for a game 🙂

      Delete
  3. Splendid, glad you are managing to get some hobby stuff in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil Painting is my current release from other pressures 🙂

      Delete
  4. All good, always love camels in the larger scale, they just seem to have so much presence and the ambulance is just spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm these certainly have scale...fearsome !

      Delete
  5. Pleased that the hobby is helping you along in the face of life's little complications. Some good acquisitions there and excellent work on the ambulance. Might you be at Carronade this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, yes I would hope to get to Falkirk but it is going to depend on my wife’s treatment regime and how she copes over the summer. The good news is at the moment she is recovering well from her operation

      Delete
    2. Pleased to hear you say your wife is making good progress, having been there with Sue I know how long it takes. Hope to see you at Carronade in May. Phil and I will be coming down from Perth.

      Delete
  6. Nice mix of projects. Sounds like you got a lot going on, happens, take care. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, I do find some solace is collecting and painting my little figures 🙂

      Delete
  7. Nice looking Arabs and the ambulance is excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete