Thursday 25 July 2019

Random painting progress update

A summer cold and family stuff means a short break from gaming but I have managed quite a bit of painting πŸ˜€
The Kaiser No 1 Regiment
A closer look at these diminutive Austrians, Pendraken figures the Austrians slightly quicker to complete than the Prussian, I definately prefer the paper flags
Randomly some Belgium native forces who had sat on the paint table for ages undercoated I just need to find a suitable flag, these are Foundry classic figures
Some more SYW this time Prussian Hussars can’t remember the Regiment, again quite fun to paint at this scale 
Finally El Cid GB figure but I will use him as a range of different Al Andalus commanders
Shield entirely made up but I might put a bit more detail on the base when I remember πŸ™‚

That’s it for now but two more units close to completion......

17 comments:

  1. Nice work, love the symmetry on the shield of the last photo, skillfully done. 10mm looking great, is this a new batch that you ordered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm , the 10 mm are the first part of the Austrian starter army which I bought at the same time as the Prussians back End of last year. Slow but steady progress, my plan is to paint up the figures I have another three infantry units, about three or four cavalry units and some artillery then think about ordering the next batch πŸ™‚

      Delete
  2. Some fine work there Matt, concur with Norm re. the shield work. Flags of War do a Congo Free State and Belgian flag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Cid is great. loving the 10mm but too hot for painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta, the benefit of an old house, thick walls and double glazing, even cooler in the dungeon πŸ™‚

      Delete
  4. You have been busy at the painting desk! Really enjoy seeing your 10mm SYW progress and El Cid is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan slow but steady progress πŸ™‚

      Delete
  5. Making progress on several fronts there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David juggling a few projects as the mood takes me πŸ€”

      Delete
  6. Really nice Austrians, native troops and the Cid is excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks certainly a bit of a mix of stuff but I go with my mood πŸ˜€

      Delete
  7. You've done well to get this much done. The paint is drying on my brush at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The benefit of an older house which stays fairly cool πŸ™‚

      Delete
  8. Great progress and great results.

    ReplyDelete