Thursday 9 November 2023

The Farnham Greencoats

My painting update for this week, after tidying up the storage of the AWI collection I have been working on my next Napoleonics british but they haven’t quite been finished yet. In between I completed a couple of other bits.

The Col Samual Jones Regiment, known as the Farnham Greencoats
and another French command stand……I have a couple more of these slowly getting worked on in the background. 

Will be another couple of days before the Naps are finished and I have also been working on some terrain for my participation game at Battleground.

That’s it for now thanks for taking the time to pop by

Matt๐Ÿ˜€



22 comments:

  1. Nice looking wee chaps. The Command stand is very fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a splendid job on the tiny chaps and a nicely posed and painted command stand too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, for tha command stand I had so many french officers etc I decided to stick them all into their positions which did make painting a bit tricky but the hard bits to paint you can hardly see anyway ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  3. Nice tiny little green men Matt…
    And another fine command stand.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly another 80 man unit must be mad !

      Delete
  4. Lovely and a great idea to put the porte pike in the back rank …. Makes the base easier to handle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm the pike block is of course split so they are on the front rank of the second base, but I was thinking to make some blocks with two sets of the ‘Porte’ fellows as an alternative which would give some with all the pikes to attention ? Just some variety needed I think

      Delete
  5. Nice job on those tiny figures Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work, Matt! You are tempting me to try Epic figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon………just think a starter army increases your plastic pile by 1300 in one go ! 80 man units I’m certainly tempted by the Napoleonics but that is not for now perhaps in the future ?

      Delete
  7. Those Epic figures really come out beautifully under your brush Matt. The Napoleonic command stand looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence my technique on the epic figures is improving and I better understand what I can get away with ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  8. Nice work, just finished another russian battalion, 3 more to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin ….more Russians !!!! Oh dear

      Delete
  9. Great looking pike block and lovely command stand!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete