Wednesday 31 January 2024

Tallarn Raiders : Xeno Rampant ?

Still not had much time for painting but with a copy of Xeno Rampant at Christmas and with a plan for some small sci-fi campaigning later in the year I dug out some of my 40k imperial guard. Turns out I had more Tallarn Desert raiders than I thought and easily enough for a small XR force. A few of these had been partially painted but many were not touched at all. They are beautiful sculpted figures and a pleasure to paint.

A commander and radio operator (the radio is a conversion)
A squad
B squad
C Squad
…and a heavy weapons support team which can be played separately or merged into the infantry squads

I also have some heavier weapons which I am working on and I may even paint some support vehicles as the year progresses.

Next I am working on Napoleonic limbers but I may well get distracted. Hopefully a game later in the week and then our annual trip to Vapnartak, the wargame show at York 😀

Thanks as always for looking 

Matt 😀

32 comments:

  1. You have made a really nice job of those Sci-Fi figures Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done Matt. Love the desert warrior look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael , they have a certain style especially with Dune being popular at the moment

      Delete
  3. Lovely tones on these Mat. You have painted them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightfully deserty looking finish there Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice figures. Xenos rampant is a fun game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, hoping to play them in the next few months

      Delete
  6. Good desert look, be fun to see a Sci fi game with them. I recently traded off my Tallarn, I can appreciate your colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo they have a campaign planned in for later in the year

      Delete
    2. Ps hope you got a good price 👍

      Delete
  7. Great looking 40k Guard, I've got a load I should really finish off sometime, oh and all those Space Wolves...!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, like many I have been having a bit of a review on what I have and what I want to keep. I only want to paint and keep stuff I plan to play with in the future. Space wolves beautiful but a big challenge !

      Delete
  8. seems like they will do nicely. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed Matt…
    Who or what will they be fighting?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, the plan is to play them with Xeno rampant with a mini campaign. Possible opposition my tyranids or tau. It is also rumoured they might play some chaos space marines 🤔

      Delete
  10. Great work there Matt and I always like that range of figures, even though I didn't play 40K. The Ratskin Renegades were pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, these were a project I started for my son but we never really completed it so it is nice to get them out, painted and soon to be played with 👍

      Delete
  11. Very nice-looking figures Matt - 40k is something I have never indulged in, but the figures look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, these are old school metals and although official 40k they obviously work as pretty much any human sci-fi force where the terrain is desert. The benefit of Xeno rampant is we can pretty much do whatever we want 👍

      Delete
  12. Nice figures- great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete