Tuesday 13 February 2024

Painting Bonanza

I have spent another week up in Edinburgh on caring duties, but as much of my time is simply chatting and talking with my father I chose to take some painting with me, previous I only took figures to prep. The painting seemed to work well as we drink tea and chat away or occasionally listen to the radio. I hadn’t taken basing materials so I have been finishing things off since I got back yesterday.

Basically a completely mixed bag of things which were easy to carry and prepped ready to paint.

Yet another French command base
Two shots as the figure with his foot on the drum is probably my favourite Perry sculpt
Tachanka for the RCW….i May fiddle about with reins at some stage ?
A random Dark age command base
….and a standard bearer
AWI wound bases
Polish infantry early WW2 mainly to be used in Norway, although they could probably fight in the RCW as well
Both squads are warlord figures so identical, I picked them up off eBay ages and ages ago when they were cheap
and finally a bunch of Napoleonic wound counters on Warbases counters which go up to 12

I was pretty pleased with all this and it was nice to clear stuff which had been sitting about for ages.

It seems likely I will be back in Edinburgh next week so I am planning on what to take this time ? Perhaps Curassiers for the French ?

Thanks as always

Matt 😀


27 comments:

  1. Nice work Matt! Is the Tchanka the Warbases mdf one, it looks familiar?
    As I type this, I am sitting with my 95 year old mother in law waiting to watch her house if 65 years be auctioned on line via YouTube...my wife and her brother are there in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith yes the Tacahnka is the warbases version, I picked it up at a show ages ago. Hope the sale went ok on the house I am back to Edinburgh tomorrow 👍

      Delete
  2. Matt, you are keeping very busy and your productivity is first rate. Super additions to many collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon painting as always a very therapeutic exercise

      Delete
  3. Nice work, really like the French command stand, that is really super. Time well spent with your father and painting, what's not to like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie, as my french army has grown I find myself needing yet more command stands so another couple to come in the future.

      Delete
  4. A splendidly productive period while on caring duty. I particularly like the Dark Age bases as those are Matt's sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I have no idea where I got the command figures probably at a show some time in the past but nice to know they are Matt’s and still providing people with joy 👍

      Delete
  5. Lovely poses on the French and dark ages command bases. The guy with the cross has a very characterful base. Yes, Cuirassiers next :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm see David’s post above re the Dark ages figures. Well I have prepped the Curassiers so we will see ?

      Delete
  6. Brilliant work all round there Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your caring duty and productivity has produced a cornucopia of gaming goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new additions to a number of collections….
    The butterfly is strong in you 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly easy to swop from one project to another when you have so many figures in the lead pile 👍

      Delete
  9. A great mix of things as you get double [or more] value from your time. You've reminded me of invaluable time spent with my own father as it was a shared hobby over the years though we often lived far apart through our work.
    I'm not sure that I had seen that particular Perry figure before but must agree that it is a gem.
    These are clearly precious days for you and I wish you and your father every blessing.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Stephen it has indeed been a rewarding time spent with my Father not only on the painting front. As it happens my parents were divorced when I was young so for many years we pretty much had no contact. We have been able to spend many hours chatting about his younger life which I knew little about 👍

      Delete
  10. Lovely work on these. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great variety there Matt, and lovely work. I have often thought about taking figures away with me but know I will always leave a pot of paint, file or something else I require behind that will bring it all to a halt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence I just bundle my stuff into a storage box which seems to work. The challenge is I might take a bigger box this time !

      Delete
  12. Way to multitask. I especially like the dark ages stuff. 😀

    ReplyDelete