Saturday 27 May 2017

The Army of Virginia creeps on 😀

For all sorts of reasons I have not been gaming last couple of weeks, the good news is the cold has nearly gone and we are away on holiday for the next week in SW Scotland quiet time as life has been very hectic. As I am still enjoying the 'Rebs' I have pushed on and completed the third regiment.

I am still experimenting a bit with colours, these are obviously a more 'regular' unit slightly better fitted out. I quite like this slightly lighter grey and I have used the light blue to add some sparing highlight colour.

Only four slouch hats in the whole unit. Pretty happy with these 😀

Keen observers will note none of them are wearing football scarves ! I am starting to formulate a slightly more structured direction going forward, working out what figures I have and what else I will need to get. With three units completed I even had to go and get them a box from town !

14 comments:

  1. Cracking, have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks will be in touch I am taking some painting ...it's a holiday after all !

      Delete
  2. Cool. Just had a look at what Perry's offer and you've certainly got the selection of plastics to use for this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....as a new project the plastics which I bought in the battle in a box set are a great starting point to bulk some regiments, They have a pretty good range if you include their metal range and of course Wargames Foundry were as far as I know sculpted by the Perry,s as well so broadly match up.

      Delete
  3. Great work on these Reb's Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger......I am enjoying painting them at the moment but need to get a little bit of structure going foward🙂

      Delete
  4. This is a dandy looking Reb regiment, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done Matt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil 😀The primer is just dry on the next unit

      Delete
  6. Come on you Greys! ;~) Nicely turned out Matt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil another unit are primed so will hopefully complete them this week 😀

      Delete
  7. Fine progress on those Good Ol' Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking rebels, no Arsenal supporters in this batch? Pity! Got to love Perry plastics.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete