Saturday 27 July 2019

On a Roll painting update.....πŸ€“

Extra time spent watching the Tour de France on my iPad and painting means I have been able to crack on, but as my cold clears up I will get back to cycling and productivity may drop again. But painting as the mood takes me......
 The first unit of Austrian Grenadiers, they are on a split base so can play as two separate Battalions when needed.
Second unit completed these lovely Russian Civil War ‘white’ Cossacks, colour schemes are straight out of the Osprey book which seems to be the only decent source I can find. They are chunky Copplestone castings and a joy to paint. The force is coming together and when I have completed their next Armoured Car I will do a collective group shot.

My painting has almost outstripped my prepared figures which is unusual.....but will crack on while the mojo is high πŸ˜€

19 comments:

  1. You are cranking out the figures! The TDF has produced an exciting version this year. Despite Friday and Saturday’s shortened stages,it’s been one for the books. Well, shortening yesterday and today’s stages will put this in the books nonetheless. Bernal’s attack Friday was perfectly timed and executed. The French came close this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, have really enjoyed the tour this year, it felt closer than in the past but disappointing to have two shorter stages right at the end😒

      Delete
  2. I am also part of the painting while watching the tour crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. We must be close to be able to fight a Russian civil war battle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, only a small force at this stage so work to do !

      Delete
  4. Fine work, even on the Diddy Men! As to the TDF have they taken the stabilisers yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine stuff Matt, I like Copplestone too, I sometimes think there is just to much detail on some sculpts, fine for those bijou game types who only have to paint half a dozen figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, nice to get some paint on the Cossacks. Not too far off getting them on the table for a game

      Delete
  6. Good to hear that you are on the mend and great progress too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serious man flu ! But over the worst πŸ™‚

      Delete
  7. Great looking troops, Matt. Love those Cossacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean the Copplestone castings are lovely sculpts with each one a unique figure, lovely to paint but they are on the large scale πŸ€”

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Stu, Copplestone are lovely to paint πŸ™‚

      Delete
  9. Lovely toys Matt...
    I am not sure I could skip so easily between the two sizes...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is hold them further away when painting πŸ˜€

      Delete
  10. Nice Austrians and great looking Cossacks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete