Sunday 7 July 2019

Reg No 18 Prince Von Prussia

An interlude this week and I picked up the next 10 mm SYW unit to paint. They had already been prepared and only took a couple of evenings to complete.
These are No 18 Prince von Prussia you can just make out the pink. They were painted slightly darker blue which kind of works but is slightly less vibrant than the other figures I will probably flex between the two for some variation. Added a mounted officer which I think works quite well, and I definitely prefer the paper flags as they are more vibrant than the metal versions.

Whilst small they are quite fun to paint so I am going to try and crack on😬 although this is all five of the Regiments which came in the army pack.

22 comments:

  1. Looks good Matt, a change is as good as a rest as they say.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu yes they are quite fun to paint really a,nd don’t take too long🙂

      Delete
  2. Super job on these 10s! I find painting hat lace on 10s a chore but yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent job, only hundreds more regiments to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and yes a few more to go 🙂

      Delete
  4. Very nice little chaps! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking teeny tiny Prussians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking little fellows Matt...
    How many units are you planning to do...?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, yes a good question the original concept was to try something different, specifically I wanted to play something where you got a true sense of scale. What that means is I need lots of Regiments. But I am not rushing this is a project for the future, I am breaking it into chunks realistically I have in my head 25 infantry units a side ? We’ll just see how that goes ?

      Delete
  7. Looking good! 10mm look great all lined up like that 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew looking at a specific style of gaming with scale not just 28 mm shrunk down🤔

      Delete
  8. Thanks Michael small but mighty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, Matt. Very impressive at that scale.

    ReplyDelete