Monday 11 May 2015

Another one bites the dust.........

The 'one' being an Athenian Hoplite unit, the dust I guess being somewhere in Greece. These guys have been half painted on the painting table/tray for ages looking at me whilst I got side tracked onto other things. This weekend I finally got the mojo to get them done. Great feeling of achievement when you can get another full unit done and based.

Figures are victrix un armoured hoplites, you might notice I haven't used any of the spartan heads as the other 24 from the box are to be Spartans. I was expecting the way the spears are held at different heights was going to give problems aligning them, but they actually work quite well and make quite a dynamic looking unit. Shields are transfers with a few with added detail to add variety. I am still using my flexible basing system with these set for clash of empires but they can easily be rearranged to other Rules systems. Hope to get them on the battlefield soon. Not sure what to do next ?

8 comments:

  1. Really nice looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks finishing the unit has made me think I should take a photo of where I am up to on the whole peloponnesian project.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Too kind and thanks for making the effort to look

      Delete
  3. An excellent looking unit Matt!

    ReplyDelete