Tuesday 26 November 2019

Some more painting 😀

Have been working away a bit over the past couple of weeks and with weekends away as well I have had little time to get stuck into painting. But I managed to complete these two Elephants !
Gripping Beast figures I believe, which I got as part of a job lot of Sassanids. Indian elephants, the crew are removable
I have given the drivers early Persian shields as that is where they are more likely to get used, they are slightly diminutive compared to other elephants but not so they won’t fit. I think I now have 5 elephants ! I feel the need to get them all on the table in one battle.
As part of my travels with work I have been in Leeds and managed an hour in The Armoury Museum.
A couple of my favourite displays
Plenty of armour
And a while since I’ve been and the new Agincourt model very nice 👍

16 comments:

  1. Great Job on the elephants! Five total on display will be a fine sight. Thanks for the armory tour. Agincourt diorama looks incredible.

    Do you keep up your cycling regimen while away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan I think if I get them all on the table they will be on both sides to even things up. Sadly no cycling when away ☹️ But back at home and back in the virtual world of Zwift now

      Delete
  2. Neat looking nellies there Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent, just what you need more elephants. You going to Battleground on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin yes we are coming across to Battleground so will catch up for a coffee and future planning 🙂

      Delete
  4. lovely 'eavy metal! five will be an impressive presence on the able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm I definately need to get them on the battlefield

      Delete
  5. Lovely elies, Matt! BTW, I visited the Royal Armouries in 2013 - very impressive. And free to the public!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. I'm sure they will stomp all over stuff, though probably yours and not the enemy's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great elephants. They will make an impressive sight on the battlefield. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice looking elephants and nice photos of the armoury!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete