Thursday 30 January 2020

Couldn’t Help myself: Russian Civil War takes to the air !

With the enthusiasm of the first game we spent some time discussing where I should develop the project.......bad idea as I then started looking on eBay and Amazon !


 I mustn’t get too many but the majority of Planes used by both Reds and Whites were from other European countries. British Sopwith’s and French Nieuport’s. The bad things is many of these are available in 1:48 scale, and if you hunt about they are about £10.🤭 these can fly above the battlefield or act as objectives and terrain.

21 comments:

  1. What have you done, Matt? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first stage is just to admit I am a Wargamer then I am on the road to being cured 🙂

      Delete
  2. Always the best form of madness !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up up and awaaaay! I think I have a decal sheet in 1/48 scale somewhere, I think it is for Whites aircraft. I will dig it out and pop it in the post if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil if you do have some decals I will undoubtedly use them. The pictures I have been sourcing for colour scheme etc often have the sopwith in British colours as they were often flown by British pilots either on loan or in some cases clandestine. But I was planning for the sopwith to be fighting for the whites.

      Delete
  4. Who doesn't want a Sopwith Camel in their collection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Now I just need to crack on and get it built🤔

      Delete
  6. Excellent! It's always nice when a project grows in an unexpected direction, isn't it?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain I just mustn’t get too distracted 🙂

      Delete
  7. Very cool project and model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great model and a easy build!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is being stuck together over the next few days 👍

      Delete