Monday 22 June 2020

All sorts of stuff done in my holiday week

Bit of a catch up on stuff I have been doing between walking and cycling, but back to work this week so less hobby time.
First up a Sentinel Steam Wagon, they were still making them up to the end of the war and this corgi 1/50 scale is copied from a picture from about 1930 so it does fit my Operation Sealion, of course it’s local relevance to Kent made it a must have, but I have been waiting for one to come on eBay at a cheap price it finally did πŸ™‚ not sure what a collector would make of my deliberately distressing it but it was far too shiny before. This will be coming to battlefield as soon as I can.
These are the last of a large batch of second hand Black Tree arabs I had to paint up for Al Andalus, my shield designs are not particularly inspiring but they contrast nicely with the colour of the unit.
Finally a few might remember that back in November I picked this up at a show, it was slightly damaged on the base so I created a bigger base to hide the chips. It is very heavy as it is almost solid resin !
Same unit as above for scale, it will see its first battlefield in Al Andalus, I will probably add a magnetic cross / crescent etc to the top.

So some nice progress, thanks to those who gave advice on blogger, I have reverted to the legacy version which appears to work just fine 😎 long may it last.

28 comments:

  1. Lovely steam truck and Arab infantry but your church/mosque is epic!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain.....it was a bit of a scoop at £10 no idea who makes it but it has painted up nicely πŸ‘

      Delete
  2. really love the church and the arabs are cool. the truck is very cool, used to drink in a pub called the malt and hops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day we’ll find a pub you haven’t drunk in 🀣

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Matt, it worries me how I will fit in my new found hobby time once work also become full time and the daily commute returns :-(
    The Arabs look great and the church is the perfect objective.
    Regards
    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart.....although I have had some holiday.......work hasn’t really stopped for me. The change in pace lockdown has brought has definately made me think about changing my working pattern in the future.

      Delete
  4. Always good to see more Moors! Nice church too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more Moors to paint !

      Delete
    2. Great! I have some too and was giving several packs serious consideration this afternoon.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely week off Matt and some great progress too. I do like a steam truck, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.........a nice break but back at work now πŸ™‚

      Delete
  6. Splendid new toys Matt...

    Metal figures and resin buildings... that almost counts as old school these dats 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly.......Mr B will be proud of me πŸ‘

      Delete
  7. Some splendid additions there Matt. The building looks like a Sentry piece, a Abbey, which the Rapid Fire folk used to sell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David it has a certain sturdyness if that is a real word ? And hopefully won’t look amiss in Al Andalus around 1000 AD

      Delete
  8. Hi Matt- I do like the Sentinel Steam Wagon - just great for VBCW. Cheers. KEV. (Sydney-Australia).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev........we occasionally play VBCW as well as Operation Sealion battles so it will work for both πŸ‘

      Delete
  9. Nice gear all round, especially that church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ a good find second hand πŸ‘

      Delete
  10. Love the truck , nice job on the church too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work all around, Matt. I do like those BTD Arabs - shields look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean....BTD are nice figures although I am exploring the Artizan range which if anything I think are nicer, but I wish the lovely footsore figures were a slightly chunkier sculpt as they are very nice just a bit slight in frame against the others I have.

      Delete
  12. Great stuff all around! Progress on many fronts. The truck and the church came out especially well. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew....both the truck and church really didn’t take much other than some paint so easy and nice πŸ‘

      Delete